General spare key! succes

Currently reading:
General spare key! succes

i just thought id share with anyone interested in getting a spare key for their GP if like me u only had one key...

ive gt a GPS t-jet 58 plate with the new flip fob key, i was told buy countless locksmiths and main dealers that the GP uses an ID48 chip and cant be cloned and that the chip must be ordered from the main dealer...was quoted 142+vat for the chip and 35+vat for the code card from fiat desera...

but today i made a break through with a new locksmith how was certain her could do it and after a few fustrating hours. i now have a fully working spare key:slayer:

so anyone who is thinking about it.. IT CAN BE DONE...

i just thought id share with anyone interested in getting a spare key for their GP if like me u only had one key...

ive gt a GPS t-jet 58 plate with the new flip fob key, i was told buy countless locksmiths and main dealers that the GP uses an ID48 chip and cant be cloned and that the chip must be ordered from the main dealer...was quoted 142+vat for the chip and 35+vat for the code card from fiat desera...

but today i made a break through with a new locksmith how was certain her could do it and after a few fustrating hours. i now have a fully working spare key:slayer:

so anyone who is thinking about it.. IT CAN BE DONE...

Mind if I ask you for more info? Did you buy a blank key off eBay or something first? Which locksmith did you go to? I mean is it a franchised one or just some skilled local trader?

I mentioned that this was possible a few weeks ago and was flamed by 'a professional locksmith' trader on here for misinformation.

So, who is the excellent locksmith? I see a lot of business going their way.

can i ask if you have also used your original key? casue i was informed that you can generate another key and code it up but the ECU would drop the old key therefor... you dont have a spare key, you have a new one and a redundant one...?

how true is this?

yes i have both keys working now simultaniously, i have an engine start alarm so the transponder i had made is working with my emobilizer bybass unit to allow remote starting when im away from my car. then my regular fob key works fine when i am close to the car.

well ive got a s2 t-jet. and i have the new type flip fob key. when i got my new viper alarm with remote start i was told ive wasted my money cos the remote start wont work without a spare key in order to bypass the stock imobilzer when im out of range. i didint have a spare key and several locksmiths told me its imposible to clone my key as it uses id48 chips which must be orgered from the dealer at a cost of £280 all in. then i met a local locksmith guy hu told me its all crap and my chip is an id46 type and can be done.

but after leaving my car for a day and still no key i was abit skeptical!!! but he showed me his machine that reads/writes the chips and when my original fob was inserted it did come up and id46:idea:....
we then realised he was using the wrong chip the accept my information, he then contacted his suplier and got the correct chip and presto, within 30 minutes i had my original fob plus a clone fob to use with my alarm that my ecu reconizes. both start my car, and if i wanted a complete key he can cut me a blade aswell.!

the way to find out for sure if your key can be done if to have the transponder read, by a reader. it will then tell you all the info about ur chip.

type id46 can be done no issues
type id48 need to be order from dealer as there are pre-coded

hope that helps

What do your insurance company think to your remote start?
its a thacham cat 1 alarm so there not too fussed. the alarm was fitted profesionally, and the unit cant start unless its disarmed, which then inturn allows the signal to travel to the emobilizer. then the alarm also has an imobilizer. so it double protected.

i think the s1 gp are id48 as the fob changed in the s2 which i believe are id46s....as mine was

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 255
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Back