Technical Skyroof Stuck open please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Skyroof Stuck open please help!

Oh i see, so your roof got stuck closed? You're really lucky i couldn't find a sunroof when i was looking so i had to do it the hard way. What are you doing with your old roof? Let me know if you need more help

Ye mate some thing like that i dont no weather to replace the plate and if that will work or not i no mate i am lucky but it thanks to guys like your self that work is possible on it my old roof keep it as a spair cause just the glass on it costs 250 each peace crazy my car has been in the garage for the past week as it has been undergoing a major change facelift with tuning to it had a OME megan 225 exhaust cutomised to it and had S6 day lights installed OME full respray just want the main feature to work the sunroof that had to be the iceing on the cake pics to come soon is it possible to take the curtain off and unbolt the back as mine is stook half way.

Ye mate some thing like that i dont no weather to replace the plate and if that will work or not i no mate i am lucky but it thanks to guys like your self that work is possible on it my old roof keep it as a spair cause just the glass on it costs 250 each peace crazy my car has been in the garage for the past week as it has been undergoing a major change facelift with tuning to it had a OME megan 225 exhaust cutomised to it and had S6 day lights installed OME full respray just want the main feature to work the sunroof that had to be the iceing on the cake pics to come soon is it possible to take the curtain off and unbolt the back as mine is stook half way.

Yes you could. But just take the headlining off, then use the manual winder and close the blind. If i knew this before i'd have saved so much effort and time. You really really don't want to take the blind off if you don't have to, it is sprung loaded and annoying. Send me a picture of where yours is broken and i might be able to suggest a fix. Careful to drop the roof down slowiy too.

Hi can someone please help me ASAP urgently the panoramic sunroof is in but the connector which you plug in to the control unit which operates the sunroof to close and open in the center the plastice connector is broke on the wire side so i got a replacment off another stilo but the problem i have got i took the old one off and cant remember what wire connects where can some one please take the center panel off and take a picture of the connector front and back so i could wire my new one in my e-mail address is [email protected] please help.....

P.S M.Shamshair Ali

This is the wiring diagram for the roof and the wiring colour codes. You should be able to work it out from the connector terminal numbers or the wire colours.

H60 is the switch.
N35 is the motor.

Attachments

• Roof Wiring.JPG
    Roof Wiring.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Wiring Colour Codes.JPG
    Wiring Colour Codes.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 209
Hi thanks for it but i am not that technical i would be the connector which goes in to H60 i require the wiring for it has number 123 on one side and 456 on the other but dont no how it is done if someone could just take a picture for me of both sides i would be so greatful and make it even more easeair it means alot to me guys please i will donate money to the forum if someone can do that for me.

P.S M.Shamshair Ali

You can see from the diagram the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 on the switch connector (H60). Follow the wire colours from the switch connector numbers to the motor connector.

A photograph of the connector is going to be more difficult to follow.

Oh kk mate many thanks i will give it ago 2nite after work when i get home and see if it works with the old connector pluged in before i took it apart it was fine and reset the new sunroof but this new one want do any thing done the following below all i have done is change the connector housing.

1. Checked fuses one fuse was blown replaces the sunroof panel light fuse.
2. The Blind goes back and fourth when you press the bottons.
3.But the sunroof its self is not working at all tried reseting it and motor does not work even moving it with the control unit if the wiring is wrong could it have blown the motor by any chance.

Many Thanks Sham

i have sourced out a second hand sunroof and bought it for £100

What's the history of the secondhand roof?

Did you see it working before you bought it?
-

if the wiring is wrong could it have blown the motor by any chance.

There's an ECU built into the motor, so it's possible that connecting the wires incorrectly could have damaged it.

Hi guys,

I have bought stilo 2005 with sunroof...
Unfortunately front motor is missing :(

I've found second-hand roof, it contains all spare parts including rear motor - but not the front one :)
I tried to find spare parts - but only one which is available costs around 500E (Fiat Auto Poland)..
I read all threads dedicated for this roof, and only information which I collected are:

- front and rear motor are the same,
- the only difference is that master unit (front) has 12 pins in plug instead of 6 in slave unit (rear)
- printed-circuit boards for master and slave are made by HELBAKO (Germany) and board number is 702095701 B (master - slave doesn't have any signs),

I hope this information will be useful for someone..

If anyone has front unit and would like to sell it - please contact with me.

EDIT

It's a miracle.. 2 hours after I wrote that post I've bought it!! :) 40E...
So - now I have second sunroof with rear motor - if someone need spares..

Hi i need a motor for my sunroof - fiat stilo 3 door 1.9JTD - as opened it one day and stopped working...so i think its the motor anyway..can anyone help me out as i need to buy one second hand ASAP!!!

thanks

fox

I've e-mailed you some info. from the Stilo manual, it's too big to post on the forum. There's some info. on removing and refitting the roof and the glass panels. It also explains the rather complicated looking adjustment proceedure for when you've refitted the roof.

There is some other text that I've read through and there's no mention anywhere of the operating cables as a seperate item, or removing/refitting them.

Dave.

hello friend need this email with the layout of the stilo sunroof urgently send me email please? TKS

i have the problem of a broken runner if it was a cable it would have been easy to use the one mercedes a class has (webasto). :( i dont know what to do i am not gonna buy a new frame i refuse to give so much money. anyone have any parts left from anything?

Are you sure about this?? - I have been told (by webasto-mechanic) that about anything possible from other webasto products is different (to make sure that only the buyer - Fiat in this regard - can sell usable spare parts).

If you are sure please let me know - My roof is not working properly (making the noise by the first glass plate) and im having cables as 1st suspect..)

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

Are you sure about this?? - I have been told (by webasto-mechanic) that about anything possible from other webasto products is different

You, and Webasto, are probably correct that other products will be different.

It is likely that the A Class cable will need modifying to fit the Stilo but as Fiat do not supply the cables seperately, the only other option would be to buy a new roof.

Hey Shammy & Austin,

Did you ever get to the bottom of the issue where the brass tube has popped out of the frame on the drivers side?

I had a probem with mine yesterday, same issue as generally described, went bang as closing, managed to close it, ended up stripping the headlining to find the issue and eventually found this problem.

I am wondering about replacign the roof, if I can find someone who has the frame left from a parts job, but was also thinking immediately of trying to reinforce that part of the mechanism to try and stop the brass tube popping out, possibly using a jubilee clip?

I will try and post a photo but do we think it is salvageable or do i need to drop the whole roof out to try and fix but with a budget to replace the roof with an e-bay special if required?

Cheers

YELLOW

Hi, I cant believe I have come across this... My panoramic roof is doing a very similar thing as the original messsage, however, if I keep pressing and hold the lock button on my key when I am out of the car it will eventually lock.

My blind is going back and coming forward so the motor seems ok. My problem is my windows are not drawing back. The first one lifts slightly, makes a clicking cog sound and then tries to shut back but doesnt quite make it. If I look at the roof in that state it looks like the very back window flap is slightly skewed, as if something is jammed in the runner to make it stop. What I cant work out is, how on earth can you get to the side of the runners to clean them... If thats what it is of course?
The thing is, I actually do want to use my roof, I really love that aspect of the car.
Can I push the slats/windows up? It really just looks like something has blown in them, or is this not going to be the case?

Any info on how to dismantle these things would be grately appreciated, esspecially as the suns coming out. :)

Cheers
Les

Hi Les,

I have now dropped my roof out so have a pretty good idea what makes them run, albeit not as good as I imagine Shammy or Austin.

Depending on the clicking noise the roof is drawn to and fro with a form of Bowden cable but it is actually a wrapping of wire with a brush carrier.
The cables for the glass are driven by the motor to the front, mounted above the switch, and the blind works from a totally separate motor at the back of the car, this probably explains why your blind still works but the glass doesnt.

If you are gettin the sound of a slipping cog it could be that one of your cables has stuck, become trapped, this might also explain your distorted or twisted glass. Equally it could be that the drive cog to the front motor has shredded some teeth, especially if you have kept trying it.

What type Stilo do you have? Unfortunately the only way I could find to fix mine was to drop the headlining and then drop the roof out, albeit my problem was not quite the same as yours. Dropping the roof is not as daunting as it sounds if you have had a headlining down before, just work like Haynes and have a buddy to help, its very heavy!

Maybe you could post some pictures up or a video of your fault?

Yellow

can someone confirm me on page 2 the last two pics of the runner which part it is? i have gotten a hold of this part but before dismantling my roof i want to be sure its the correct one because i believe i have the wrong part. is it a left or right runner?

Hi, I cant believe I have come across this... My panoramic roof is doing a very similar thing as the original message, however, if I keep pressing and hold the lock button on my key when I am out of the car it will eventually lock.

My blind is going back and coming forward so the motor seems ok. My problem is my windows are not drawing back. The first one lifts slightly, makes a clicking cog sound and then tries to shut back but doesn't quite make it. If I look at the roof in that state it looks like the very back window flap is slightly skewed, as if something is jammed in the runner to make it stop. What I cant work out is, how on earth can you get to the side of the runners to clean them... If thats what it is of course?
The thing is, I actually do want to use my roof, I really love that aspect of the car.
Can I push the slats/windows up? It really just looks like something has blown in them, or is this not going to be the case?

Any info on how to dismantle these things would be grately appreciated, esspecially as the suns coming out. :)

Cheers
Les
Hey Mate - I've had my roof 99.9% closed for about 4 months now and want to tackle it this summer - I think what you are describing with the rear-most leaf is something I've got too. Basically the rubber seal has not been kept well and has swelled, it looks like it is now fowling the rear leaf and thus the sensor in the rear motor which stops the roof from closing on blockages... i.e. fingers... is now stopping my roof from closing; I also have the issue with front leaf lifting then a gut wrenching sound from the front motor.

I'm going to attempt a slight manual open, see if i can get a new seal or dislodge it at the back leaf... and lube the shizzle out of my runners... 1mm at a time.

Let me know how you get on - I'm looking for parts too. Possibly cogs for the front motor if they're stripped. Great thread btw everyone.

Last edited:
Back