General Running rough

Currently reading:
General Running rough

tinymartin

Hi all, I have a 2019 Fuat Ducato that runs rough and has a misfire or hiccup at around 2200 rpm. When I start the van and its cold it runs roughish at idle and has a bit of white exhaust type smoke coming out. Then when I rev up to around 2200 rpm it's as if there fuel starvation and you can't really rev up and it starts to die until you take you foot of the throttle and it allowed to idle although a bit rough ( There is a bit more smoke as i do this). When you put full down from idle it manages to get pasted the hiccup. You can play around with the throttle and you can past that point and it revs OK from there. When you warm the engine up the smoke gets better and so does the running although there still a problem around 2200 rpm. This is all done with the vehicle stationary because if i tried ti drive id struggle to make it 100m ish. I've removed and cleaned the egr system, visually checked and moved the throttle valve and it doesn't stick, i also cleaned the MAP sensor. There is no other faults like earth cable or wiring that i can see. There are no fault codes or warning lights if anyone can help it would be great.

Two thoughts
as a twin egr model how clean is the exhaust pipe. wipe it with a piece of kitchen roll, is it clean ,sooty, oily.
Sounds like turbo not kicking in. the little diaphragm in the turb osolenoid is punctured or torn, is the turbo solenoid working?
have you got Multiecuscan? it will make life a lot easier to suss whats going on.
eg
]
included in this is a link to the guide how to change the turbo/boost solenoid

Last edited:
Two thoughts
as a twin egr model how clean is the exhaust pipe. wipe it with a piece of kitchen roll, is it clean ,sooty, oily.
Sounds like turbo not kicking in. the little diaphragm in the turb osolenoid is punctured or torn, is the turbo solenoid working?
have you got Multiecuscan? it will make life a lot easier to suss whats going on.
eg
]
included in this is a link to the guide how to change the turbo/boost solenoid

When I check the egr with diagnostic tool I get "negative response 0x21" I think the egr is electric and not sure it's working? Also where is the turbo/boost solenoid How do I check both the egr and boost solenoid?

location and how to change
with multiecuscan
how to test
without multiecuscan

The egr valves on a twin egr are electricaly operated unlike earlier vacuum operated
For egr testing
using Multiecuscan there are PIDs to measure desired and actual opennings of the egr valves HP and LP.
multiecuscan is a very useful and high level tool when dealing with Fiats
The egr valves on a twin egr are electricaly operated unlike earlier vacuum operated

How clean is the exhaust? clean sooty oily

Back