ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087486.997006.jpg

Grande Punto Rosalia the 1.4 8V

Introduction

This is my first car, a 1.4 8V passionale red Grande Punto. I've had my Fiat for about a year and a half now, and I'm loving it.

When we first bought her:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087486.997006.jpg

And with a set of 15" Evo wheels:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087511.430368.jpg

I'm loving the forum too by the way - everyone's been very helpful!
Reactions: Wisey
Looks awesome, I was thinking of sticking a badge on mine haha, yours looks better though, is it painted?

Cheers buddy :D

I did it using the paint pens I had left over from the mudguards, then masked it up and gave it a coat of lacquer - looks pretty good actually, I'll have to get a picture up :) and same, I was thinking of using a sticker too, but it's a part of the car that gets a fair beating XD

I started to fall out of love with my Fiat recently, with the interesting electrical characteristics, the rubbish weather, and not being able to drive it. At it's worst, I was even debating getting a Fiesta instead...

But, after three weeks, I've been able to drive it again - an hours blast down some Yorkshire B-roads in the best weather we've had in months, and it was fantastic! After a full valet, it's looking brilliant again. And people smile at you as you drive it - they wouldn't do that at a Fiesta.

I could never part-ex a quirky little red Italian car. Even if the headlights have a mind of their own...

I started to fall out of love with my Fiat recently, with the interesting electrical characteristics, the rubbish weather, and not being able to drive it. At it's worst, I was even debating getting a Fiesta instead...

But, after three weeks, I've been able to drive it again - an hours blast down some Yorkshire B-roads in the best weather we've had in months, and it was fantastic! After a full valet, it's looking brilliant again. And people smile at you as you drive it - they wouldn't do that at a Fiesta.

I could never part-ex a quirky little red Italian car. Even if the headlights have a mind of their own...

All cars have thier little niggles mate. Pleased your happy again (y)

So far so good still getting used to it being a petrol but I love the color too thought I would get the **** taken out of me but everyone likes it thanks I appreciate it keep the updates coming its giving me ideas for mine

So far so good still getting used to it being a petrol but I love the color too thought I would get the **** taken out of me but everyone likes it thanks I appreciate it keep the updates coming its giving me ideas for mine

Cheers fella :)

Aye, they're a great little car - I've never driven a diesel car myself, but I imagine the clutch'll be a bit tricky to get used to. Petrol engines sound so much sweeter though, and are generally less problematic

I reckon the Grande looks fantastic in the bolder colours (yellow, orange, red etc) and yeah man, good luck with it!

On a different note, the lights are doing strange things still, but I don't know what to pin it to. After leaving the full beam on for about half a minute the lights worked normally for the rest of the night? Could the heat from the high beams evaporated some water in the connections? I genuinely don't know what to do...

Cheers fella :)

Aye, they're a great little car - I've never driven a diesel car myself, but I imagine the clutch'll be a bit tricky to get used to. Petrol engines sound so much sweeter though, and are generally less problematic

I reckon the Grande looks fantastic in the bolder colours (yellow, orange, red etc) and yeah man, good luck with it!

I love the colour get quite a few looks don't think there are many about I find myself going the long way round just so I can drive my car ha drives amazing glad you like yours

I'm pretty sure I've worked out why the headlights have been misbehaving - it seems to be the indicator cluster itself, I'm not sure whether the internal contacts are corroded or what. Has anyone else had similar problems? Can they suffer from water ingress? I know it's a weird one, but I'm sure I've heard about cases of it happening before.

Apart from that, all is well. It's just a shame I can't drive in the dark.

Cheers guys,
Adam.

Evening all, hope everything's well!

With the headlights fixed and a good valet, I've been loving driving the past few weeks - the big red dot's been running really well :D

...saying that, I think the heater motor's packed in. I've a feeling the word 'longevity' doesn't translate well into Italian...

Only four weeks until the end of my first year at university - it's flown by! I've a nice list of car things to keep me busy over the summer though:
- Fit new front discs and pads.
- New padded dashboard panel.
- New electric window controls.
- Repaint calipers.
- 'Stealth' wiper blades.
- Leather steering wheel.

Plus a full valet, of course! :D

Weather's been fantastic in the North today, so she's had a good polish:

3.JPG

2.JPG

The new Michelin wipers are on - they look great and work perfectly, much better than the stock ones, and I'd thoroughly recommend them to anyone. Put in some new pure white sidelight bulbs as well, and they're a big improvement.

For the eagle-eyed amongst you, the front badge is only temporary, so please can we not have comments about it; a friend had one spare, so I though 'why not'. I'm not in any way trying to pretend my car is what it's not, it just sets off the front end really nicely :)

I've a few smalls plans for over the next month, mostly mechanical.

Firstly, one of the dashboard panels has some damage to it, so I'm looking for one to replace it.

DSC_3630.JPG

Once that's out the way with, I'll be ordering and fitting a new set of front discs and pads - the current ones are in reasonable condition, but the pads will need changing soon anyway, so I might as well swap the discs over. It gives me a good opportunity to replace both front anti-roll bar drop-links while I'm at it (as they've deteriorated AGAIN) and, while the calipers are off, I'll repaint them. They've taken quite a few stones over the past year.

Anyone know of a good OEM supplier of discs? Mine are the vented type.

On top of that, the heater motor's grumbling, and reluctant to work until I've hit the dashboard, so I'll have to sort that out. Maybe new FIAT badges front and rear too, as they've suffered slightly from water ingress.

And that's all, he wrote :p

Back