IMG_6127.jpeg

Punto (Mk1) Fiat Punto 1.4 Gt Turbo

Take a look at this rare animal

Introduction

I purchased this car from a family friend who’s grandfather had passed away, it was garaged, last tax was 2013 it’s a 1998 P registration 51,000 miles full history and it’s mint condition. It has the Abarth body kit on which was fitted when purchased from new 1 owner.
I’ve taxed and Mot recently with no issues or advisory’s
I bought it for my boy but it’s to hot to handle for him ( definitely not a first car ) 🤣
Does anyone know the value because I can’t find another one that’s original as this one.
It good fun!
Any help would be appreciated 🤜
Reactions: schorsch459
Good Afternoon, I purchased this car from a family friend who’s grandfather had passed away, it was garaged, last tax was 2013 it’s a 1998 P registration 51,000 miles full history and it’s mint condition. It has the Abarth body kit on which was fitted when purchased from new 1 owner.
I bought it for my boy but it’s to hot to handle for him ( definitely not a first car ) 🤣
Does anyone know the value because I can’t find another one that’s original as this one.
It good fun!
That’s a very hard question to answer.

As much as someone is willing to pay for it?

Honestly it is a very rare car with all the additional abarth bits, not only that it’s all original and likely never been welded with low miles to boot.

To the right person you could be looking at a £10k car, but but if the right person cannot be found then it depends on how much you’re willing to take for it and how quickly you want to sell it.

There are some advertised for £6-7k on various outlets at the moment but they’re not selling, they are also not original and not low miles or as well looked after.

There is someone who had one up for sale for £2k and again while not as good he struggled to sell it, now someone on Facebook is asking 2k for what is essentially a shell (which he definitely won’t get)

I think if you wanted to sell it I’d be talking to someone like Anglian classic car auctions who do an auction for cars like this every few months and cars do tend to change hands for good money.

Honestly what you have is basically unheard of, an original low mile fully specced GT in the best colour that’s spent its life garaged.

That’s a proper good find if ever there was one

Good Afternoon, I purchased this car from a family friend who’s grandfather had passed away, it was garaged, last tax was 2013 it’s a 1998 P registration 51,000 miles full history and it’s mint condition. It has the Abarth body kit on which was fitted when purchased from new 1 owner.
It good fun!
Hi , that is certainly a mint condition gt , well done on the buy 👍🏻
A one owner low mileage not messed with is going to be rare and will fetch good money to someone looking to put that in a collection. I’d also say an auction would be the best place to sell, you would get genuine buyers there.
Does it still have the original air box etc and original radio? ( could you post some more photos please)
The only thing for me is that petrol cap cover , not for the purists , I would remove that if it’s a easy job 👍🏻

you've got a gem of a car on your hands. In the meantime, enjoy this little piece of automotive history!

Hi, I would be interested in this if your selling it.

If you can let me know price and location..

Thanks
Chris

That’s a very hard question to answer.

As much as someone is willing to pay for it?

Honestly it is a very rare car with all the additional abarth bits, not only that it’s all original and likely never been welded with low miles to boot.

To the right person you could be looking at a £10k car, but but if the right person cannot be found then it depends on how much you’re willing to take for it and how quickly you want to sell it.

There are some advertised for £6-7k on various outlets at the moment but they’re not selling, they are also not original and not low miles or as well looked after.

There is someone who had one up for sale for £2k and again while not as good he struggled to sell it, now someone on Facebook is asking 2k for what is essentially a shell (which he definitely won’t get)

I think if you wanted to sell it I’d be talking to someone like Anglian classic car auctions who do an auction for cars like this every few months and cars do tend to change hands for good money.

Honestly what you have is basically unheard of, an original low mile fully specced GT in the best colour that’s spent its life garaged.

That’s a proper good find if ever there was one
Thanks pal, as I expected it’s definitely a keeper 👍

Hi , that is certainly a mint condition gt , well done on the buy 👍🏻
A one owner low mileage not messed with is going to be rare and will fetch good money to someone looking to put that in a collection. I’d also say an auction would be the best place to sell, you would get genuine buyers there.
Does it still have the original air box etc and original radio? ( could you post some more photos please)
The only thing for me is that petrol cap cover , not for the purists , I would remove that if it’s a easy job 👍🏻
Hi Steve
I agree with petrol cover 🤣 I’ve put new radio and speakers because they were shot but still have original radio

Attachments

• IMG_6118.jpeg
    IMG_6118.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3783.jpeg
    IMG_3783.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6127.jpeg
    IMG_6127.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6117.jpeg
    IMG_6117.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6126.jpeg
    IMG_6126.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 34
It’s totally original apart from obsessive Abarth badges
🤣, it’s good you keep the original parts , when I bought mine , luckily my brother had kept all the original parts to put back to original.interior looks nice too with the abarth coloured wheel and gear stick/gator 👍🏻
I would be buying a climate bubble for it and keeping hold of it 😉

It’s one of those cars where right now the market is strong for them, it is worth posting on the mk1 Punto group on Facebook it you did want to sell it as it’s an enthusiast car.

If you did want to keep it longer term it could end up dropping in value if all these Punto GTs start appearing out of the woodwork because of the current high prices

If you love it and you want to drive it and preserve it as probably one of the best in the country then do that, but be prepared to accept the value can fluctuate.

I’d probably remove all those red bits from the vents, and any abarth badges that are not OEM.
That interior is lovely, I like that more than the normal GT interior with the GT logo in different colours and the petrol cap thing is very of its time.

Back