ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087486.997006.jpg

Grande Punto Rosalia the 1.4 8V

Introduction

This is my first car, a 1.4 8V passionale red Grande Punto. I've had my Fiat for about a year and a half now, and I'm loving it.

When we first bought her:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087486.997006.jpg

And with a set of 15" Evo wheels:
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1370087511.430368.jpg

I'm loving the forum too by the way - everyone's been very helpful!
Reactions: Wisey
Anyone with a 5-door ever had a clunking noise from the rear driver's side when going over bumps? It's been driving me nuts!

I just hope it's not suspension-related, although the roads around here are ridiculous - I knew York was a Roman city, but I didn't know it hasn't been repaved since (y)

Any and all advice would be appreciated, cheers!

Adam

I have never heard any clunking on mine mate you might want to get it checked out mate :)

Have you checked back seats are locked in place and also in the boot I know I have a full spare and jack and round tool kit thing also make sure thats all tightly screwed down also mate :thumbup:

Regards
Stephen

Last edited:
I have never heard any clunking on mine mate you might want to get it checked out mate :)

Have you checked back seats are locked in place and also in the boot I know I have a full spare and jack and round tool kit thing also make sure thats all tightly screwed down also mate :thumbup:

Regards
Stephen

Thanks mate :) I didn't think about the boot! I'll take the spare wheel etc out of the wheel well tomorrow, take a drive and see if it stops. If not, I'll ask the garage to check it out on Saturday

Everything's running well again now - suspension's fully sorted, the scuttle panel drain is holding well and the engine bay and fuse box are bone dry, new engine oil, gearbox fluid, coolant and paraflu, filters and rocker-cover gasket, two new front tyres, brakes have had a good go-over, new bulbs all-around, and even a full valet. Ready for the worst this winter, and best of all, no more clunking!

Everything's running well again now - suspension's fully sorted, the scuttle panel drain is holding well and the engine bay and fuse box are bone dry, new engine oil, gearbox fluid, coolant and paraflu, filters and rocker-cover gasket, two new front tyres, brakes have had a good go-over, new bulbs all-around, and even a full valet. Ready for the worst this winter, and best of all, no more clunking!

What was causing your clunking ?

Hallo fella, how's it going? :)
Turns out both front suspension link arms had worn ball-joints, and that was causing the noise. I could've sworn it was coming from the back though! (y)

Asking because I gont get a clunking but sounds like metal rubbing on metal !

Do yoy know how to change the leds behind the clocks !

Asking because I gont get a clunking but sounds like metal rubbing on metal !

Do yoy know how to change the leds behind the clocks !

What side is it from? Is it from the front? How loud is it, and does it happen all of the time? Is it when braking?

It could be, depending:
- Sticky brake caliper (which may make a noise at odd times), or possibly a worn pad/disc. Inspect the front brakes - does the disc have a lip? The pad could be past the friction material, which is pretty dangerous, but would be noticeable when you brake.
- Suspension top mounts? Perhaps a mis-sat spring?

I'd suggest it as either a bearing, suspension part or brake-related.

As for the dash lights, I'm afraid I don't have a clue, but there's loads of threads on it. Soldering's a pile of p**s :D

hi, love the car man,
did you ever get round to the footwell lights?

i had some delivered but need to buy some longer wire and then fit them

Thanks man! :D

I'm afraid that, with the car being at home most of the time, I never did get around to looking into the footwell lighting - I know a few others on here have done it though, and I think there's a guide in the GP section :)

The car needs a wash too - I might be cheeky and get my brother to do it for me, haha

Back