IMG_0888.JPG

X1/9 Resto begins...

Introduction

Picked up this lil beauty near where i live. Full stip and and repair the usual rust spots. Going for a color change as well, nice bright yellow seems to look good with all the black trimmings, ill post more pics as she progresses :).
Reactions: gadge
Looking good, I can't believe how quickly you've turned this project around wish we had cars that hardly rusted here in the U.K I'm looking forward to seeing it all finished.

Looks excellent. Nice subtle period colour suits it. Putting it all back together is the best bit!

I've just been refitting my exhaust got the 4th time! This time with paste on the flange...

i was just looking at the exhaust on mine, the o ring flange looks like it will blow easily, think i will paste mine up as well, thxs for reminding me purf :) , the rubber radiator hoses are a pain, had too make some up, looks like spaghetti junction under there. combine that with all the hoses for the emission control and breathers , omg what were they thinking.

Its nice we don't have the extra emissions stuff over here. But the car does stink a bit compared to moderns. I was thinking today how bad it would be waiting in line at MCDonalds drive through behind my X :)

If yours is like the us spec I guess you are talking about a slightly different exhaust flange. The euro cars have a twin down pipe?

Mine was a pig as someone has upgraded the studs to m10 and had cracked one of the 4 corners off the manifold flange. I was tempted to get a 4 branch to get rid of this flange entirely but it seems to be ok (cross fingers)

Just putting the X back together, not much more to do, bleed brakes and clutch, fit exhaust. Everything ya touch seems to need some sort of repair !! oh well cant expect much from an oldie i guess.

Attachments

• IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG0435.jpg
    IMAG0435.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    515.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMAG0436.jpg
    IMAG0436.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 139
Looks like you're doing a great job. I love the car. What plans do you have for wheels,engine and interior?

hi Mtaylor ,the car when i bought it had a rebuilt 1500 waiting too go in, so ive installed that and seems too run fine, find out better when i road test it. For the interior , originally was brown, but ive repaired a few little cracks and redone it all in black, the seats were just reupholstered before i got it and they were black also. the wheels are nice alloys with a black crisscross pattern in the center and look in good condition i am unsure of the make but i will just be cleaning them up and putting them back on. I will repost some pics when complete, fingers crossed not too long now. :) Boner

Hi, need some help here, did you say you repaired the dashboard, what did you use to fill the cracks and what paint did you use on it.

Back