Technical Relay or switching issue? 2012 Ducato 3.0

Currently reading:
Technical Relay or switching issue? 2012 Ducato 3.0

Wertyu123

Hi.. Recently my camper has stopped supplying 12v to my 3 way fridge & is no longer auto retracting the sat dish on startup.. Ive checked all fuses. I don't know where the offending dohicky would be.. Please help if you actually know what /where the problem is..
Thanks tim

It looks like you have lost the D+ signal. Without knowing how your camper is wired or what control system it uses it is impossible to diagnose. My Electroblock control has a switch to change the D+ from active HI to LO. My system needs it to be active LO, if the switch is set to HI then the auto step retracting, fridge 12v and leisure battery charging do not work.

It looks like you have lost the D+ signal. Without knowing how your camper is wired or what control system it uses it is impossible to diagnose. My Electroblock control has a switch to change the D+ from active HI to LO. My system needs it to be active LO, if the switch is set to HI then the auto step retracting, fridge 12v and leisure battery charging do not work.
D+?. I have a sargent ec450 system.. But i think switching occurs b4 that system

Hi

The Sargent technical guide mentions a requirement for an "engine running" signal to be supplied to EC450 systems fitted to motorhomes. This is normally called the D+ signal, and would be the first thing to check. I'm not sure if this input goes to the PSU or the Control Panel, you would need the full manual to determine that.

Secondly, the smart charging guide also implies that the Power supply section performs some operations on the basis of accurately sensing battery voltages. Maybe the sensing of vehicle battery voltage has been lost (or is in error) for some reason ? Does the control panel display sensible voltages for the vehicle and leisure batteries, i.e. around 12.5 Volts when not being charged and 14.0 volts when charging ? Any figures should tally with an independent measurement using a voltmeter across the relevant battery.

Attachments

• EC400-450-500-Smart-Charging-V1.0.pdf
    667.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back