Recommends: Driveway cleaner for removing oil stains!

Currently reading:
Recommends: Driveway cleaner for removing oil stains!

go to your local homebase and buy one in a grey bottle by thompsons

thompsons-oil-and-drive-cleaner-clear.jpg

bought some for a mate when i spilled oil from a service all over drive. worked a treat (y) bout £5 - £6 i think

Last edited:
When my 1st brava dumped all it's oil on the road I put neat washing up liquid on it very generously and worked it in with a brush threw a few kettles of boiling water of it and left it, next time it rained the stain was barely noticible.

Really depends on the driveway surface, I shifted used oil from my tarmac drive with hot water, strong washing up liquid, a strong brush & a jetwash.

Cement or concrete may be harder & can be made more difficult using some stuff such as petrol as the cement simply absorbs it.

Pour & Restore looks recomended, or try here :- http://www.pavingexpert.com/stains.htm

Biological washing powder followed by anything that will get the bugs eating away at the oil. Sugary coke is good.

Why not save yourself a lot of time and money and purchase one of these instead?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sealey-DRP02-7-6-Litre-Oil-Drip-Tray-Fluid-Drain-Pan-/360375758332

What do you do once the oil is in that ? I need to put it back in the bottle and take it to the recycline center .... (This is a recipe for disaster) I have used something like this before but is just a big mess.

All those oil catch pan what ever don't work lol.

I catch it in one of those massive bottle that you find when buying protein powder the best solution yet! As you can close the lid and take it to the recycline center!

Is not oil from oil change, my mum car has a slight oil leak, so would like to just clean everything up with a decent cleaner!

Ming

Ming

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
What do you do once the oil is in that ?

Use the intgergrated spout to pour it into a container ready for recycling. :confused:

I need to put it back in the bottle and take it to the recycline center .... (This is a recipe for disaster) I have used something like this before but is just a big mess.

All those oil catch pan what ever don't work lol.

There's an old saying that may apply here, "a bad craftsman always blames his tools" ... ;)

I've been using the same one I linked to for almost 3 years, never spilt a drop when draining or when emptying it into a 25 litre container to recycle it.

Back