General Rear seats etc

Currently reading:
General Rear seats etc

timgarman

Established member
Hi Folks

Just putting the parcel shelf and rear seats back in. Does anyone have any pictures of this area.

Wondering where the odd shaped piece of carpet that goes at the back of the rear seat exactly goes? Under the vinyl that comes down from the parcel shelf or over it? (I'm thinking over it to act as a guard to protect the vinyl against the seat hinges.) And double sided taped down to the rear wall?

Also could do with a picture of how the rear seat back bolts to the hinges.

And I have a hole in the floor near the passenger side rear seat hinge. Don't think there's one both sides. Any ideas what that's for?

4 years on and you begin to realise how limited your comprehensive photographic reference really was :(

Thanks.

Tim

Thanks Geoff for the photo link. Doesn't quite answer the question but lots of other useful reference.

There's a picture of the vinyl in the back but ideally I'd like to see what's under it. Is there a piece of carpet?

Tim

Hi Tim,

You should have one these that goes on the rear seat firewall and parcel shelf. It's vinyl on the front and foam on the back. It's held in place by the strap that holds the rear seat back in place and sort of clips around the 'C' posts at the sides.

Then on the bottom, on the bit you sit on, you can put extra sound proofing I did on mine, but there is a bit of carpet that sits under the seat base and folds down to where the heater knob is.

I can't workout how to post two images on one post so I add the other on a second.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 18
One of these and you can see where the centre tunnel goes through the middle.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 20
I attempted to put extra insulation on the back firewall, it took me ages to make it put in then I couldn't get the foam bit in with the vinyl cover in as well, so I had to take it out on the firewall but kept it under the seat.

Ooh and don't make the mistake I did first time around with the rear of the seat, the bit that folds up and down, the vinyl seat cover at the bottom attaches to a row of little metal spikes attached to the bodywork at the rear of the firewall. If you don't attach it to them you end up with a gap between the seat base and the back, as seen in the pictures below first bad, second properly done.

Last edited:
Those were the days. When Tony and me were comparing notes towards the end of restorations.:) I made this piece to go under the rear seat and under the vinyl cover which is over the vertical bit behind the rear passengers' feet (I got part of the shape wrong). Then there is a photo with the vinyl installed; it may be different on the L with its fitted carpet.
BRA_6600 by Peter Thompson, on Flickr
BRA_6605 by Peter Thompson, on Flickr

Hi Tony and Peter.

Very helpful thanks.

So I've put sound deadening throughout the interior and any leftovers in the doors.

So that rear wall behind the back seat is all sound deadened. The rear vinyl his now in place and I've stuck down the piece of carpet that goes behind the back seat.

I as not going to bother with the mat that goes under the rear seat because it's all sound deadened anyway.

Useful info about the vinyl flat attaching to the hooks, thanks.

Back