R.I.P. Eddie.

Currently reading:
R.I.P. Eddie.

It's as unreasonable to expect all on here to be Saints as it is of the wider population, but maybe we can all be Eddies to a certain extent. I mentioned the death of Smidgin to a friend of my wife's who I saw this morning. Without any prompting, and expecting almost any bloke whose wife is away for a few days to be starving and incapable of going to a supermarket on his own, turned up on our doorstep half an hour later with 2 beefburgers made by the local butcher, some buns and 4 pints of milk.

A female Eddie. Mind you, she didn't get any brown sauce. Huh, Girlies!

It's as unreasonable to expect all on here to be Saints as it is of the wider population, but maybe we can all be Eddies to a certain extent. I mentioned the death of Smidgin to a friend of my wife's who I saw this morning. Without any prompting, and expecting almost any bloke whose wife is away for a few days to be starving and incapable of going to a supermarket on his own, turned up on our doorstep half an hour later with 2 beefburgers made by the local butcher, some buns and 4 pints of milk.

A female Eddie. Mind you, she didn't get any brown sauce. Huh, Girlies!
did she stay and cook them?:devil:

did she stay and cook them?:devil:
That could be a disaster. I mean it's a short step from feeling sorry for me to taking sexual advantage of me at a time when I'm at a low ebb.

You know what it's like when an attactive woman 15 years your junior with large breasts, slim waist, flaring hips and legs that go all the way to her bum starts making overt sexual advances.....

Yeah, it probably happens to middle aged guys on here all the time. I just don't want to be used as a sex object by some woman who will take advantage of me.

Last edited:
That could be a disaster. I mean it's a short step from feeling sorry for me to taking sexual advantage of me at a time when I'm at a low ebb.

You know what it's like when an attactive woman 15 years your junior with large breasts, slim waist, flaring hips and legs that go all the way to her bum.

Yeah, it probably happens to middle aged guys on here all the time. I just don't want to be used as a sex object by some woman who will take advantage of me.
:eek:you have a dirty mind i was only asking if she cooked them for you:p

You know what it's like when an attactive woman 15 years your junior with large breasts, slim waist, flaring hips and legs that go all the way to her bum.

If you need a body double for the "stunt" work let me know ;)

Eddie obviously meant more to people than they realised at the time.
That was a lovely piece that you wrote, but do you regret not doing more to know more about him?
Yes. Like a lot of things/people, they are always there or thereabouts, so there never seems to be any real urgency.

He was a bit like the pub round the corner or British Leyland. They are so familiar that it's always a bit of a surprise when you suddenly find out it's gone. There used to be a Pub in Stockport a long time ago in Mersey Square, called the Oddfellows Arms (I think) and it had been there so long that you had to step down from the pavement to get into the bar such was the settlement of the ground. I went past one day to find they'd built a Debenhams there.

Eddie was a bit like the Oddfellows. There for so long you thought he'd be there for ever. Perhaps there's a message there.

Eddie was buried a couple of days ago. For a man with only one close relative
it was a really good turn out. Almost 200 people who'd known the man thought enough of him to turn up to see him off.

I think I'll be lucky if more than 20 will come to my funeral and half of them will be after money.

HA! There won't be any.

Even the (female) Vicar who conducted the service thought the world of him. She first met him when she got out of the shower wearing only a towel to find him up a ladder outside her window, cleaning the windows obviously, singing Nessum Dorma.

When she walked into the room and he saw her, he pulled his ubiquitous bobble hat down over his eyes and climbed back down the ladder, ending up with one foot wedged in his bucket.

Back