Steve Jobs - R.I.P

Currently reading:
Steve Jobs - R.I.P

Amazing salesman, great speaker, brutal businessman, and quite a large b*stard. Do some research before blindly responding to this.

Not given one penny to charity, and neither has Apple. He stopped corporate donations a long time ago.

RIP and all that, but the way his death is being treated, it's almost like Jesus has died.

Sad to see another taken by cancer, but comparing him to Ghandi and Lincoln etc? Get a grip.

He really was an innovator

I'm sorry but I think that's one of the greatest lies ever told.

Look at ye olde days with early Apples, it was the Woz that did all the design and Steve did the marketing. Steve didn't come up with any of the ideas for Mp3 players, touchscreen phones and tablets. It had all been done before, Apple just marketed it better and launched products at a time when the hardware was actually up to the job.

The only thing Apple really invented was the clickwheel which to be fair was pretty good.

I'm sorry but I think that's one of the greatest lies ever told.

Look at ye olde days with early Apples, it was the Woz that did all the design and Steve did the marketing. Steve didn't come up with any of the ideas for Mp3 players, touchscreen phones and tablets. It had all been done before, Apple just marketed it better and launched products at a time when the hardware was actually up to the job.

The only thing Apple really invented was the clickwheel which to be fair was pretty good.

Totally disagree. What about the processors put into iPod/Phones/Pads? They'd never been used in anything else.

I cannot remember for the life of me where I read it, but i swear he holds nearly 400 patents over a range of technologies.

"Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 338 US patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies from actual computer and portable devices to user interfaces (including touch-based), speakers, keyboards, power adapters, staircases, clasps, sleeves, lanyards and packages."

Last edited:
I cannot remember for the life of me where I read it, but i swear he holds nearly 400 patents over a range of technologies.

"Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 338 US patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies from actual computer and portable devices to user interfaces (including touch-based), speakers, keyboards, power adapters, staircases, clasps, sleeves, lanyards and packages."

Probably a condition of his and others contracts. He was always paranoid and being contractually obliged to give Steve patent rights would have meant Apple could never really get rid of him. Also meant that people within Apple who invented stuff couldn't simply go elsewhere with their patents.

You're all jealous because you don't have a Mac (y)

Ive got a Mac Mini and a Macbook... :confused:

Also have 2 Windows7 computers and a Android 3.0 Tablet..

Wouldnt say im perticuallry jealous.

I respect Apple, there stuff is nicely designed and produced in my opinion, but i hate the iPxxx seires (as i call it)

The iPod/Phone/Pad are all uninspiring and money making gimmicks (IMHO) thats why i prefer the Custmisability of Android (y)

But i think Steve Jobs needs to be remembered for what he did with PIXAR.. Not Apple...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...w-it-started/2011/10/06/gIQAjQxqPL_video.html

I know ARM is the newer stuff, but i thought the older ones from years ago were soley Samsung...

Think we've gone off topic though...

Last edited:
One thing I have never understood is why people say all the 'i' series are a waste of money and as you said, 'uninspiring'. I say this because if they were such a waste of money and so uninspiring, how come so many people have/want them? How come the iphone is regarded as one of the greatest technological inventions ever? How come in the music industry, Apple computers are a MUST? Apple's software is second to none.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Android phones, but they do vaguely copy the iphone.

People are stupid.

When they don't understand something, it's all about style over substance. Apples were the pinnacle of graphic design tools in the 90s, but not anymore. You'll only really find Macs in a business environment due to a coprorate decision by an executive who thinks an iPhone is KEWL.

Apples software is watered down Linux, basically. It's a worthless OS.

Perfect example of people's stupidity?

Paying £4-600 for an APP LAUNCHER. ROFL.

Back