R & B? New Tunes? Music?

Currently reading:
R & B? New Tunes? Music?

I know I'm not the biggest R & B fan but I do listen to everything. I got a Variety of MP3 CD's in the car ranging from:

Trance
Dance
House
Indy
R&B
Hip Hop/Rap
Slow Jams
Garage

So before anyone says, "Boo stop being Bias!!" I think the comment I am about to make is a fair one.

How comes that Rrhianna ft Neyo - hate that i love you sounds like it has exactly the same beat/Rythem as "So Sick of Love songs" and there are about 3 different versions of "Keep it on the Low" which sounds like the "Fugees - Ready or not" which sounds like about 3 other "different" tunes?

What happened to like... the talant and the creators?

I'm glad Trance is my favourite but even thats getting hard to come by nowadays :(

i like jam too......
jam.jpg

Mainly becuase the whole thing to R&B and Hiphop is sampling. All of the producers rip off the same songs and so all the songs sound similar. Obviously they dont all sound the same but alot do use the same drum beats and various other samples etc.

Obviously dance music is very much the same and uses alot of samples too (although its alot easier to find a dance track without a sample than it is with hip hop/r&b) but in dance music you dont tend to get people ripping off other peoples tracks to pass them off as there own. They will almost always be released as a remix or a reedit or as a whoever vs whoever.

R&B? Not my thing at all - too slow, contrived and pretentious. Plus as Trans has pointed out it's kind of going round in circles now anyway.

I've been listening to this lot VVVVVV. They're young (the drummer looks about 15 but plays like a loony!), they've got something to say about the world, the singer is not exactly good looking (great, that means you concentrate on the MUSIC) and they write cracking good songs.

Lots of comparisons with The Jam and The Clash but those are two bands that have left a very, very strong legacy so The Enemy would have to produce a number of storming albums to come close. But I have to say they are one of the most exciting new bands in years, even if they are a bit derivative.

Just got their album and can't stop playing it... :slayer:

Attachments

• enemy_big.jpg
    enemy_big.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14
Back