Question about Tom Tom live 2 and Blue Me.

Currently reading:
Question about Tom Tom live 2 and Blue Me.

paulh67

Hello everyone,

I have a Lancia Y from 2014. I bought a second hand Tom Tom live 2 nav with cradle.
Everything works after connection with blue me. But i have some questions;
the Tom Tom nav is not automatically getting on or off by using the contact of the car. I have to do it manually. Is that normal?
Second question is, the Tom Tom live 2 battery is not loading in the cradle during driving. The battery is empty in two hours at this way (new battery mounted).
I thought that the cradle/dock had these functions, or am i wrong.......

Hope somebody can help me. I don't know which blue me firmware i have or how to check that out.

Thanks and best regards,
Paul from the Netherlands

There should be two pins on the cradle that provides power to the tomtom, I still have mine but don’t have the car anymore to plug it in and test if it comes on when you apply power (I suppose I could try off my 3D printer psu which gives 12v)

If there is no power to the cradle then this may explain your issues. Maybe you have a fuse out.

There is no data connection to the car with wires it’s all done by Bluetooth so the only wires you have in the cradle are to provide power

Edit: thinking about it I seem to remember it should switch on and off with the ignition of the car

First, thanks for your reply.

It's difficult to measure power on one of the two pins cradle holder of the car (they are deep inside and hard to see/reach).
When i placed the cradle in the car holder, i measure no power on the copper pins where you click the Tom Tom on it.
So or the cradle is defect or the car dock is not powered (broken or no fuse)?
Looked in the instruction booklet of my car,
there is no mention in the booklet about a fuse for the cradle holder. Strange maybe so i don't now where to look at.
There are some open places in the fusebox under the steering wheel (booklet says free to use).....
I checked all the fuses and they are o.k.
Can not imagine that there is not standard a fuse mounted in the fusebox for powering the dock/cradle.

Paul

Last edited:
Yours is a Lancia, not a fiat, there is a sister site for Lancias but it’s unlikely anyone here can give you any specific information about your Lancia

I would look at popping the connector/socket out of the dash and measuring the power to it, if you can’t do it with the socket in situ.

You may be right there might not be a fuse for it, it may be directly powered from the Blue and me module or a live within the dash loom.
Again you’d need Lancia specific workshop manuals or wiring diagrams

Back