pulled for driving with fog lights on

Currently reading:
pulled for driving with fog lights on

guy i worked with in a previous job got pulled one morning driving to work with his fogs on. had left them on from the night before when it was foggy.

it was only when the copper looked at the car details it was discovered it was a stolen car on duplicate plates. this guy had had it for 3 years, taxed, insured, and MOT'd it and nothing had flagged up it was stolen and he had no idea!

lost his car, and almost his license and job because of it!

any one else noticed, that nearly all ford Ka's have either 1 dead back light or 1 dead head light?

they get through headlamp bulbs I once had both go in Selby one night (i thaught it was the control stalk) as i wouldn't have beleved both could go at once. Once mr RAC had a look (free RAC cover on new car) he tried to sting me £12 per bulb but fortunately i was sat outside Halfrauds and got a pair for about a tenner :D and he kindly put them in for me,,, saying it was a common thing with the charge circuit to put out a spike that pops the bulbs :confused:

Dave have you ever tried putting in a headlight bulb on a ka its far easyer to drop the arch lining out than try to get in from above....

As for the foglight debate take a hammer to them if they are using them improperly :p

guy i worked with in a previous job got pulled one morning driving to work with his fogs on. had left them on from the night before when it was foggy.

it was only when the copper looked at the car details it was discovered it was a stolen car on duplicate plates. this guy had had it for 3 years, taxed, insured, and MOT'd it and nothing had flagged up it was stolen and he had no idea!

lost his car, and almost his license and job because of it!

that will teach him:D...bummer.....one thing that pisses me off.... at night/early morning is when driver in front stopped at traffic lights etc sitting on thier footbrake.... some cars have rear brake lights like blackpool illuminations...very distracting to say the least(n)

When I'm driving on country lanes at night, I put my foglights on as they really do help illuminate the sides of the roads.

Not really needed that much with new cars as they illuminate the sides of the roads pretty well. Older cars dont, so I use dipped beam and fog lights down country lanes.

look ill be ohnest, people delberatley put there fogs on because they think it looks "cool" expecially boy racers.(y)

When I'm driving on country lanes at night, I put my foglights on as they really do help illuminate the sides of the roads.

Not really needed that much with new cars as they illuminate the sides of the roads pretty well. Older cars dont, so I use dipped beam and fog lights down country lanes.

do you keep them on when cars come in opposite direction?

Our managing director at work got pulled over for driving with his fog lights on last night.

How he didnt realise he had them on i will never know......
As he came up behind me i though to myself - his lights are a bit bright. But i thought nothing of it really (he was still a few 100m away).

Well you didn't notice so why should he? :p

but I have a deep hatred for the sidelight with foglamp brigade -_-
I used to be part of that massive... until I had to lose my fog lamps but a big up and a shout out goes to the FFSLB (Front Fog+Side Light Brigade) (y)(y)(y)

It is possible to accidentally turn on the foggies. The switch for mine is in the middle of the Dash. Anyone can reach it and press it. Meaning when you have youngsters or fiddly people in the passenger seat it can be pressed and turned on without the driver knowing.

Once you start driving you really don't check your dash board unless a RED light comes on, anything green is good so goes un-noticed.

But once again... BIG UP THE FFSLB!! (y)(y)(y)

he was some distance behind me, and since i was only looking for a quick glance in the mirror :D

hes going to hear of it no end at work.

like the area manager there who filled up with petrol instead of diesel on his way down to us last month :D

like the area manager there who filled up with petrol instead of diesel on his way down to us last month :D

The rep who works with my old man did that this week noticed after he had put about a fivers worth in so he brimmed it with diesil smoked a bit but ran ok..

must add it isnt his van and he couldnt care less about it :eek:

apparently they used to do it in winter to keep the diesil from freezing :confused:

He put 44 quids worth of petrol in nearly filling his tank up.

we said it would be quite funny if we received his expense sheet in with 44 quids of petrol on and then 44 quid of diesel to replace it.

he had to get it all drained and sorted out before he arived in the office.

whoever gets him for secret santa is going to buy him some diesel aftershave :D(y):eek:

On the Lotus I put the front fogs on when it's too dusk, too dark for just the side lights but I don't want the pods up.

Then a constable had a word.

Didn't ticket me just used it as an excuss to pull me.

that will teach him:D...bummer.....one thing that pisses me off.... at night/early morning is when driver in front stopped at traffic lights etc sitting on thier footbrake.... some cars have rear brake lights like blackpool illuminations...very distracting to say the least(n)

According to the highway code, this is a traffic offence, you are supposed to put the car into neutral & apply the handbrake. Harder to do with an auto box but easy enough to put your foot on the clutch & apply the handbrake.
Thing is, most people don't give a damn because it doesn't affect them.

i get well p*ssed off with foglights,and people that are slow at turning the full-beam off or put it back on before they've passed ,me:mad::mad::mad:

Nearly all the time there no need for the fogs.

I rarley use my fullbeam as i know the roads well so always end up getting blinded.:rolleyes:

Also in a low car i notice alot of the dipped beams still blind the f**k out of me

Also in a low car i notice alot of the dipped beams still blind the f**k out of me

I get flashed quiet often by "little" cars to the point i had my headlight alignment checked at a friendly MOT testing station and they where perfectly aligned and Nothing wrong (glad i didnt go for the +80% brighter bulbs when i had to replace one)

Most really new cars headlights are very bright.

The Grande Punto's are especially bright i have noticed.

The ones on the stilo arent the best, but they do a good job and illuminate the side of the road as well (y)

Back