Technical Problem with blinking light & rear light

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with blinking light & rear light

LuigiMorelli

Hello,
I have just experienced the following issue on my FIAT500 from 67: when blinking to the right; both brake lights also turn on at the back and blink at the same time as the blinking light. When braking, the blinking light also comes on (continuously).
This happened fairly suddenly. We checked all the connections and all the cables seem to be in the right place.
We removed the ground connection from the rear right side blinking light and of course it stopped working. The brake lights still worked then. With the ground connection removed on the right handside and blinking left, the brake lights came on. The left side works otherwise normally when the grounding on the right side is connected.

Any idea where I should look?
Thank you! Grazie mille!

It does sound like a bad earth somewhere,
have you changed a bulb ? in the wrong way, wrong bulb?
Thanks, I'll have to check that part. I did change a bulb, front right blinking light so I didn't think it could be that but I'll check all my bulbs, you never know!

Thanks, I'll have to check that part. I did change a bulb, front right blinking light so I didn't think it could be that but I'll check all my bulbs, you never know!
You will need a 'twin-contact' bulb as, If I am correct, in Italy the side and indicator light share the same unit. Here in the UK, although we have seperate side and indicator lights, because the indicator lights that we buy are made for the 'non-UK' market, we still have to put 'double contact' bulbs in the indicator light. If we don't, we get all sorts of funny things happening---and yes, I have got it wrong which is how I know what happens if a 'single-contact' bulb is fitted by mistake.

You will need a 'twin-contact' bulb as, If I am correct, in Italy the side and indicator light share the same unit. Here in the UK, although we have seperate side and indicator lights, because the indicator lights that we buy are made for the 'non-UK' market, we still have to put 'double contact' bulbs in the indicator light. If we don't, we get all sorts of funny things happening---and yes, I have got it wrong which is how I know what happens if a 'single-contact' bulb is fitted by mistake.
I have got a couple of good used UK spec metal bodied indicator lights in my spare parts 😀

Back