Prince

Currently reading:
Prince

jasper

Just gotta say - Ive just seen Prince at the Brits on TV - What an absolute star/genius musician.

Must admit I've always been a fan since my big Sis gave me Purple Rain to listen to as an eight year old boy, but that performance was something else, any other fans out there?

I cant really say i'm a fan of his as he was around before my time. But tonight's performance was excellent. Why did they introduce him as Prince? I thought he got rid of his name and used a symbol...

Yep, he did change his name to an unpronouncable symbol for a while, for reasons most people dismiss as him just being a ****, but if you know anything about Prince the reasons were actually not that ridiculous, especially compared with some of the nonsense other supposed pop megastars come out with.

But he's been known as just Prince now for a couple of years. And prince is his real name as in Prince Rogers Nelson.

wotnowarninglight said:
The lil' man from Minneapolis is a genius, unfortunately I missed the brits, always thought he was much better than Mr Jackson... more innovative and more variety in his music.

Hell yeah I couldn't agree more.

Know what you mean Pinin... but don't care, its just about the music for me :cool: Mate went to see prince late 80's and was p*@!ed that he paid a fortune for the ticket and their was a dress code stipulation on it... what else but... peach and black of course! Brian Molko is another example, perculiar looking individual but I cant think of any Placebo stuff that I dont like! (Nokia festival Ilse of Wight here I come!)

Last edited:
Back