Please help me with my Nokia 5800

Currently reading:
Please help me with my Nokia 5800

Hi Guys

Sorry to say this but after all I said the pairings ok and the phone works on all exempt the dreaded text reader, but no auto connect i have to manually instruct it through connect with audio function every time
Wish phone companies would leave the bloody firmware alone (ps i have upgraded through Nokia to new version but "No better"!)
Sorry again guys ...especially Mikesporting

Regards KelvinW

Mines the same. Really disappointed that it doesn't work.

Yep, mine is the same too, paired up ok but now connects when it feels like it... Have to do it manually most the time! seems no pattern to it to be honest!! P**sed off though, as i purposely had a Nokia 5800 phone as i expected it to work no problem..my last 2 nokias did... not to be, with bloody tempremental Blue and me!!:mad:

Yep, mine is the same too, paired up ok but now connects when it feels like it... Have to do it manually most the time! seems no pattern to it to be honest!! P**sed off though, as i purposely had a Nokia 5800 phone as i expected it to work no problem..my last 2 nokias did... not to be, with bloody tempremental Blue and me!!:mad:

Do you think it’s worth speaking to someone from Nokia I tried it with Sony Erickson about the 902 issues but they were non committal (rubbish if I’m truthful)
If you look at the phone screen it does actually appear to try and connect top right-hand corner icons

Regards Kelvin W

Do you think it’s worth speaking to someone from Nokia I tried it with Sony Erickson about the 902 issues but they were non committal (rubbish if I’m truthful)
If you look at the phone screen it does actually appear to try and connect top right-hand corner icons

Regards Kelvin W

I've noticed that to Kelvin. When I get in the car it's clearly trying to connect it just doesn't. I thought it might be a problem with the car but seems like everyone is having the same problem!

Same here, its trying to connect, but doesn't! once or twice it has, and i thought, GREAT, its working, only for next time, to just do nothing... i think im just going to have to live with manually doing it now...

Same here, its trying to connect, but doesn't! once or twice it has, and i thought, GREAT, its working, only for next time, to just do nothing... i think im just going to have to live with manually doing it now...

When I try to connect manually it now won't allow it. Just says unable to connect!

boys i'll let you no how i get on i haven't driven my stilo since i paired it but also the bluetooth name for the stereo is phone v3.15 is that different from blue&me

My N95 did this occasionally - only cure I found was to power off the handset and restart it - it would then connect automatically...right pain in the behind, but it only happened every couple of weeks and the once.

I'm now sending my Samsung back to Vodafone and will be going for the 5800 so I'll be back to the usual Nokia/B&M issues but at least I'm aware of them and know there is a workaround of sorts.

Kop32 - yes the same thing said...but mine was in fewer words! ;)

When I try to connect manually it now won't allow it. Just says unable to connect!

Mike wait a few seconds and keep watching the screen on the phone it will connect mate, its just telling you it tried to connect automatically and failed after a few seconds it says connected to blue and me and the phone provider shows on the display screen of your car IE orange

I’m trying to find a contact number for Nokia UK to speak to them ill keep you posted

Regards Kelvin W

boys still ok had one slight problem with it when it thought it was still connected but i then took the auto connect off and everything is fine no probs at all even the voice dialing works.playing music from the phone through bluetooth works better with the bass turned on sound widening on and the volume turned down on the phone the music quality through the bluetooth is better :D:D:D:D

boys still ok had one slight problem with it when it thought it was still connected but i then took the auto connect off and everything is fine no probs at all even the voice dialing works.playing music from the phone through bluetooth works better with the bass turned on sound widening on and the volume turned down on the phone the music quality through the bluetooth is better :D:D:D:D

Phil

Does this mean you manually connect every time bud. I managed to speak with Nokia uk and they said the firmware on the 5800 has been upgraded from pervious models “oh joy”! They also stated its back to the Fiat Blue And Me system that may need an update (tell us something we already know eh) so that’s the story of Nokia mate

Regards Kelvin

Just thought I'd let you know how I've got on with my 5800 (had it nearly 2 weeks now)...

Much messing around initially, but once I'm in the car I have to accept the request to connect from the handset. It will then pretty much always connect. Yesterday it did connect automatically for some reason.

I use 2 phones - work (Palm Treo - always auto connects) and my own (5800). Therefore I need two bluetooth devices. I bought a Jabra SP700 last week. That pairs with the 5800 automatically and is excellent for sound quality. It clips onto the sun visor. About £50+ in the shops; got it on line for just over £30 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001B3OFPG/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1235856880&sr=1-56).

yes i do have to accept the connection i'll try for auto again in the week. i did only fail once so it's got to be worth another go. the car is going to the fiat dealer for it's service check in a couple of weeks & i'll see what they say about a software update.

still going strong i was watching the tv on the mobile with the sound coming through the stereo yesterday no probs (the misses was driving) but it didn't half kill the battery on the phone but it did last the full 90 mins 4-1 brill

still going strong i was watching the tv on the mobile with the sound coming through the stereo yesterday no probs (the misses was driving) but it didn't half kill the battery on the phone but it did last the full 90 mins 4-1 brill

What were they singin "Rafa's crackin up"..........don't think so (y)

the one i heard was fergies rite there fans are s****. I really want them in the draw on friday come on the reds. rome here we come

I still can't get my 5800 to connect automatically, and sometimes I can't even get it to connect at all! Im fed up of trying im going back to my old phone, and sticking the 5800 on e-bay. Just not worth the hassle.

Correct, not yet!!!(y)

You'd better say - not anymore ;-) There was a Nokia 6230 which as people are saying works fine with Blue&Me - EVEN with SMS reader...

Btw - I wonder if u can jailbreak your 5800 - I'll have a look. After changing product code you will be able to put "unbranded" firmware - maybe there is newer version of it for "regular" 5800 - not network branded?

I'll update this as soon as i find something about it.

Right - I need to know what versions of firmware you have lads in your 5800 - the newest for Europe at the moment is ver20 and as people are saying - that's still not available for some uk network branded phones. Let me know and I'll post the instruction how to change product code on that phone and how to update it to ver20 if Nokia Software Updater can't find any newer version for your phone.

Last edited:
Back