2015-03-15_09_46_07.jpg

Panda (Classic) Panda Panda's White CLX "Jay Jay"

Introduction

Well here we go again!

Another one to the collection - bought off Auto Trader only an hour and a half away from home - now that makes a change!

2015-03-15_09_46_07.jpg
2015-03-15_09_46_22.jpg

only bad bits are:

2015-03-15_09_48_52.jpg
2015-03-15_09_46_29.jpg
2015-03-15_09_46_42.jpg

Oh and a leaky CV Boot

2015-03-15_09_47_06.jpg

Plan is to have him undersealed and cavity waxed, the scab on the drivers door sorted and new bumpers (anyone got any new ones lying around?).

31k miles and one lady owner apart from the supplying dealer.

Even smells of old lady....

Too good to mod (though it will be getting a stereo donated by sky) this is the nearest I'll ever get to driving a "new" mk2.

Everything works interior is really fresh looking - though it looks abit like looking really closely at an old cathode ray TV.

The engine is extremely willing and fastest of all the Panda's I've driven in stock form. Gear box is very slick and no crunchyness whatsoever.

In fact I'm glad the cv boot needs replacing - gives me something to do with it!

Oh and it needs some new petrol tank straps - didn't someone have some stainless steel ones made up for sale?

Only other thing to mention is that it's only taken me seven panda's to get one with the "fire" badge still attached!!!
Reactions: JamieK
Nice doors mate.

BTW that CV boot does not look right, I don't think it has actual oil bearing seal on the shaft. Look same as the outer cv boot.

Get that done and your sorted.

Looks lovely. So are they all your garages in the background then?

If they were would I be moving?

Nah, I have one full of cra... essential bits yet to be sorted :)

The bungalow will have garage parking for 2, car port parking for 2 (maybe 3 if the builders estimate is cheap enough) drive parking for 2 more and front garden for the 4x4's!

That's why I bought it plus the fact it was cheap and I don't want to ever have to move again. In fact I only plan to leave the bungalow in a box made out of panda parts :p

that CV boot is so not the right CV boot... dont drive this any more till you get that fixed man. that would be a gearbox killer if all the oil leaks out from that.

for CV boots try the ones on euro car parts. leme see if i can find the one you need...

right.. the one you need is this one that comes with a bearing oil seal:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...30a051e60f97b2eccc9c5a8805787e9ad87e67&000445

or this one that does not come with a bearing oil seal:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...28a96e6cc5e7f72fc523ea4279161142958c52&000445

i would go with the bearing oil seal one myself.

to change it you will have to take out the whole drive shaft, and the inner CV tripod joint from off the end of the shaft.

you will need to hammer the old one off (if it still has one on) then "drift" the new one on using a bit of pipe that slides over the drive shaft with a few mm of play.

these drive shafts are tapered so it will eventually not go down the shaft any more.

heh if you have a blunt curved chisel.. you may be able to get it on by tapping it one side, then the other and rock it down the shaft that way.

it is sadly how i have been doing it.. but with great success :D

whatever you do though never hit the outer race of the bearing.. that kills them.

it always makes me laugh how they supply you with CV grease with these kits.. you wont need it as the gearbox oil is what lubricates the CV joints.

also doing it this way makes if very easy to change the outer CV boot if you think it needs doing. you just slide that on after you have taken the old bearing oil seal off.
just don't forget to do it.. like the 2 times i have needed to do it..:rolleyes:

the stripping down of the suspension to get the drive shaft out is easy enough. the drive shaft nut, the 2 suspension strut bolts that hold the bottom of the strut to the well hub assembly and the bolt that holds the rear wishbone in. after that the whole lot will pull forward just enough to get the drive shaft out the wheel bearing.

its not too hard to do... well maybe if you dont have a vice to hold the drive shaft.

Last edited:
Thanks John, I'll order the bearing one - just a thought with it being a later one did they change the design perhaps?

Sadly I've nowhere to perform such delicate surgery so will be taking it to the nearest garage for them to do.

Let's hope they have yellow metal friendly gear box oil! - Shouldn't be a problem though as the classic stuff is produced locally :)

Now just to find a new pair of bumpers.....

Euro car parts have a pair of bumpers for just under £50! - I also ordered a set from Taros Trade along with the sills for Fizzle as they were even cheaper - something like 50euros. Will be interesting to see if they are the same quality.
Anyone got a spare front bumper side mounting 'peg' as one of them is missing.

Well after three months of ownership I've driven "whitey" three times!

I've not bonded with the car although it's the nicest Panda to drive with a slick gear change, super light clutch, spot on brakes and a very willing engine - not suprising really as it has less than 32k on the clock!

It still has the mothballs, murray mints and old lady perfume smell about the cabin which is immaculate.

The bottom line is that with the completion of the colour, Gertie and eventually LVJ I can't see where this will fit in the fleet. Blackie is a competant daily besides the mk3 & 4, I don't get to shows anymore with working permanent Sunday's. The garage is full of stuff from years of moving and never getting properly sorted out so I can't even put it aside safely for the time being.

The logical conclusion I'm coming around to is that unless I want to end up with lock ups full of cars I never drive is to let this car go, I know there was a lot of interest in the car when I bought it but I'm not sure if any of it was from forum members. I'm not willing to just put it on eBay and sell it to the highest bidder just yet!

Anyway, if anyone is interested I'll be putting up a classified ad over the weekend to test the waters.

I'm looking to get around the £800 mark as it's had a new cv boot, been serviced etc.

Back