Technical Panda multijet fuel leaking frominjector leak offs

Currently reading:
Technical Panda multijet fuel leaking frominjector leak offs

Not sure what the question is

It reads as its already identified as the fuel return overflow leak-off pipe is leaking
Leak off pipes and nozzles have been replaced, when engine is running fuel is being forced back to the leak offs and consequently spilling over the engine

Assuming it's not a fail on fit part

It's likely to be blockage somewhere in the return circuit causing the pressure to build

You could try not tightening the fuel tank cap fully down as a first step and see if things improve

Assuming it's not a fail on fit part

It's likely to be blockage somewhere in the return circuit causing the pressure to build

You could try not tightening the fuel tank cap fully down as a first step and see if things improve
ThanksKoala I suspected that might be the case, I will give it a try

ThanksKoala I suspected that might be the case, I will give it a try
Hi Koala, blew down the overlow pipe, thats clear. Managed to tighten the fuel filter but the problem still exists. I think I will try a new filter it may be the o ring. Is there a pressure or level sensor in the filter? Thanks for your help

Where is the leak actually emanating from, the return/leak off hoses or the filter?
Filter seals can fail/warp/pinch if over tightened. If you’ve replaced the leak off hoses it shouldn’t be leaking unless it’s over pressurising

Where is the leak actually emanating from, the return/leak off hoses or the filter?
Filter seals can fail/warp/pinch if over tightened. If you’ve replaced the leak off hoses it shouldn’t be leaking unless it’s over pressurising
The leak is coming from theleak off hose. When I turn the ignition on the lift pump runs and fuel immediately drips from the leak offs. I suspect over pressurising but dont know next step to cure it. Thanks for your help J

The leak is coming from the leak off hose. When I turn the ignition on the lift pump runs and fuel immediately drips from the leak offs I disconnected the leak off connectors from the hose switched on and fuel came out full bore from the hose. I have blown down the hose to make sure no blockage and have tightened the fuel filter. As you said it could be over pressurising. How do I cure thar . Regards J

Blocked pipes is obviously where to start and you’ve changed them. A blocked filter can lead to over pressure but, if you’ve changed the filter, then you need to find out what’s blocking it, if indeed that’s the issue.
Is it the correct filter? And, if so, is it a reputable one, some cheap ones aren’t exactly upto OEM standard. No harm in taking it off to check it’s running clean diesel. Also, and this is from memory, is the leak off/return pipe to fuel line return blocked? As @koalar says, unscrew fuel filler cap and check it’s clear to pull fuel and return it
Then you’re going to have to look at the injectors and injector pump…edit…general diesel engines issues and not specific to this engine

Last edited:
I know that our comments may seem to be going over the same ground and seem patronising, but it’s extremely difficult to diagnose on a forum unless it’s a known issue that has been discussed and diagnosed before on here.

Right it got no high pressure if it's leaking from ignition on and before you start the engine

Look at eye level where the connectors push in, make sure there all flush, it's possible for a bit of the old fitting to be stuck down the hole

They can be quite tight to push in there should be an audable click when fully seated

I know that our comments may seem to be going over the same ground and seem patronising, but it’s extremely difficult to diagnose on a forum unless it’s a known issue that has been discussed and diagnosed before on here.

Screenshot_20230806_193427.jpg

Make sure there's no gap here like this one

They can be tight to seat fully down when new

Also a piece of the old connector can break off and be in the bottom stopping it from Seating fully

View attachment 427701
Make sure there's no gap here like this one

They can be tight to seat fully down when new

Also a piece of the old connector can break off and be in the bottom stopping it from Seating fully
I dont recognise that piece. I have deduced the problem as the return pipe to the tank and will check at the tank end, all else appears to be o.k I will change tha fuel filter to make sure all is o.k.Thanks for your continued help J.

Koalar's image is the injector top with hair pin clip removed. Press the top down and replace the hair pin.

Has the LP fuel piping been fitted correctly? The feed from fuel tank should go direct to the diesel filter. Return from injectors etc goes straight back to the tank. Maybe you connected the new lift pump to the fuel return line.

Back