Technical Panda M.O.T question

Currently reading:
Technical Panda M.O.T question

Mattchoo69

Hello all! New to forum so unsure if this is going on the correct section.. I am looking into buying a Fiat 4x4 cross multi jet it’s 2016 low mileage… I’ve just done a free car check on it and the last 2 or 3 mot’s had the same advisory’s on it! My question is what would be the rough cost to get these things out right! Might give me some room for bargaining on the price..
Many thanks and look forward to advice!!

Attachments

• IMG_0239.png
    IMG_0239.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 35
This section is for up to 2012 but never mind, everything on the MOT is the same

Center bearings are £30

Shock are under £30 but it's best to change both

As it's the later electric rear coupling it's not so important to match the tyres

If you look at my old posts, I posted the official timings on changing the prop shaft from memory it's 90 minutes, but that's not including changing the bearing

Shocks are 10 minutes max

A tyre is a tyre

I be more concerned with why the inside edge is wearing, they should be wearing fairly even especially an 8 year old car

How much a garage is going to charge is anybody's guess, or if they will even change the centre bearing instead changing the whole assembly

Mark up on parts and eggagerated times are the normal, last few years

This section is for up to 2012 but never mind, everything on the MOT is the same

Center bearings are £30

Shock are under £30 but it's best to change both

As it's the later electric rear coupling it's not so important to match the tyres

If you look at my old posts, I posted the official timings on changing the prop shaft from memory it's 90 minutes, but that's not including changing the bearing

Shocks are 10 minutes max

A tyre is a tyre

I be more concerned with why the inside edge is wearing, they should be wearing fairly even especially an 8 year old car

How much a garage is going to charge is anybody's guess, or if they will even change the centre bearing instead changing the whole assembly

Mark up on parts and eggagerated times are the normal, last few years
Many thanks for reply, I was wandering also why inside of tyres were wearing! Thought possibly it could have something to do with the shocks.. I have absolutely no mechanical expertise so this would be done at my local garage!! That’s if I buy it!

Hi and welcome :)
You might find this thread interesting, regarding replacement of propshaft bearing on the 2012+ 4x4:

Back