General Panda Cross on the way

Currently reading:
General Panda Cross on the way

If the figures come back ok, could well be trading my 500 for one!!

To get the Panda Cross would cost us another £60 per month over the 500.

No money down or anything, just the PCP transfer.

To order one with the comfort pack, winter pack & reversing sensors, we'd be looking at early 2015 delivery.

Not sure TBH as love the little 500:confused:

Last edited:
At least one of the on-line reviews says that the Cross has revised springs and one review even says the front seats get beefed up bolsters over the 4x4. I can find no proof of either claim though I must admit I was more concerned over the dodgy tweed looking upholstery (as well as the Eco bits) when I ordered my cross. The tyres are certainly bigger, Fiat certainly own up to that one.

To get the Panda Cross would cost us another £60 per month over the 500.

No money down or anything, just the PCP transfer.

To order one with the comfort pack, winter pack & reversing sensors, we'd be looking at early 2015 delivery.

Not sure TBH as love the little 500:confused:

How long do u have left on the 500's PCP? I must say it sounds like ur being shafted, especially if you put money down on the 500. Are the months going back up to 48? And the annual mileage? If you let them pick the deal for you, its going to favour them, obviously. Work your own deal using the configurator on fiat website. Any mention of a fiat loyalty bonus? Any mention of the current Fiat Deposit Contribution of £1400? Ask your dealer about other possible options, that cant be the only deal available to you.
My monthly on the cross is going to be just under £170 over 34months 12k/yr.
Seriously consider buying out or ending your 500 PCP and then buying the cross via the privilege purchase scheme (saves u 3350). Your 500 then becomes your deposit for the cross, which then lowers the interest you pay. I'm no expert but I looks like pcps are no good if you swap cars half way, dealer wins as they get a low mileage car that you have paid all the depreciation.

We took out the 500 PCP in July 12.

It runs for 4 years but I always thought we'd change at the 3 year point, as in when the warranty expires.

Then I saw the Panda Cross & we are where we are now....lol

£190 becomes £250 and the 4 year clock starts again.

Quite confused!

At least one of the on-line reviews says that the Cross has revised springs and one review even says the front seats get beefed up bolsters over the 4x4. I can find no proof of either claim though I must admit I was more concerned over the dodgy tweed looking upholstery (as well as the Eco bits) when I ordered my cross. The tyres are certainly bigger, Fiat certainly own up to that one.

Oh yes, I remember now. When I drove the Cross I commented on how the rear damping was much better controlled than on my 2013 4x4 TA.
So even if the physical sized of the springs and dampers are the same, I reckon they've at least revalved the rear dampers.

Oh yes, I remember now. When I drove the Cross I commented on how the rear damping was much better controlled than on my 2013 4x4 TA.
So even if the physical sized of the springs and dampers are the same, I reckon they've at least revalved the rear dampers.

Isn't there someone on the forum who can look up the Fiat part numbers?

Well after a lot of searching the net for the best deal I've come to the conclusions that:

1. Fiat aren't interested in buying back their own cars

2. Fiat dealers aren't interested in doing deals for cash

We buy any car is offering more than the dealers for my 100HP which is still along way off what I paid for it in August.

I've been told to take out a PCP - then cancel it - to get the deposit contribution from Fiat - this from a Fiat dealer!

I'd forgotten what a nightmare buying a new/nearly new car is :(

Oh and the once expensive Trekking now looks a bargain compared to the deals that aren't on offer for the Cross :eek:

I got very close to a deal on an 4x4 only to find it didn't have the blue and me sat nav - a top of the range car without a sat nav socket :bang:

Last edited:
Well thats true, I love the mag though and get it on subscription, I always suspected that they get some 'support' from manufacturers. I've never read a review that slated a car.

They get no support, just access to loan vehicles and the likes and trips to Italy to test cars. I know the guys that run it pretty well.

Properly decent people and a fantastic magazine for any Italian car lover. The photography in particular is stunning IMO:cool:

They get no support, just access to loan vehicles and the likes and trips to Italy to test cars. I know the guys that run it pretty well.

Properly decent people and a fantastic magazine for any Italian car lover. The photography in particular is stunning IMO:cool:

Ah ok that's fair enough, it was only a personal hunch anyway and yes it is a fantastic mag - I have them all from issue 1!! I met Phil over here a few years back at an event, decent bloke alright. Anyway.......we digress!!

I'm swaying towards a tricked out trekking instead of a cross.

So far the numbers look very tempting though a cull of the fleet is becoming necessary as a neighbour complained about all four of my cars in the residents parking area!
Four I thought - where's the other one gone? - Then I remembered I'd left it at the garage having a new exhaust fitted! :)

I'm swaying towards a tricked out trekking instead of a cross.
:)

me too, im debating the same issue. I really like the looks of the cross and want 4x4 functionality but the olive trekking interior looks good, i am not really going to be doing loads of off roading and it is so much cheaper to buy than the cross and 4x4, cheaper tax, better MPG and faster 0-62 speed too. eek.

me too, im debating the same issue. I really like the looks of the cross and want 4x4 functionality but the olive trekking interior looks good, i am not really going to be doing loads of off roading and it is so much cheaper to buy than the cross and 4x4, cheaper tax, better MPG and faster 0-62 speed too. eek.

I like the high seating position and the central console of the 4x4 as opposed to just a standard panda, in the end it's a compromise between looks and price as I'm not going to need the full functionality of a 4x4.

Too be honest if I bought a 16 grand car last thing I'd want to do is take it off roading!

Back