Technical Panda 2008 P0520 the car won't start and makes no sound when turning the key

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 2008 P0520 the car won't start and makes no sound when turning the key

its quite quiet. should last about 5 second from turning the ignition on

might be easier if some listens in the back while you turn the key
Opened the door and tried again. Yeah I guess there is some quiet buzzing and lasts few seconds so that must be fine

Im THINKING stuck starter motor.. or a broken circuit

So.. you appear to have a good battery,
Fuel pump runs.. but engine doesnt turn over on the Starter

Wait the 5 seconds while that fuel pump whirrs in the rear..

Watch the RED lights on the dashboard ;)

Now turn the Key.. do the Red lights go dim..?? Or stay bright ( uneffected by the key)

Im THINKING stuck starter motor.. or a broken circuit

So.. you appear to have a good battery,
Fuel pump runs.. but engine doesnt turn over on the Starter

Wait the 5 seconds while that fuel pump whirrs in the rear..

Watch the RED lights on the dashboard ;)

Now turn the Key.. do the Red lights go dim..?? Or stay bright ( uneffected by the key)
A little bit hard for me to jump in and out as my lock is damaged(someone tried to break in but failed lol). I did pay attention to the lights. Just the check engine stays on, but I think it's always on until you turn the engine on. No red lights as far as I can remeber(I think some of them turn on, but then off shortly after I switch the power on)

A little bit hard for me to jump in and out as my lock is damaged(someone tried to break in but failed lol). I did pay attention to the lights. Just the check engine stays on, but I think it's always on until you turn the engine on. No red lights as far as I can remeber(I think some of them turn on, but then off shortly after I switch the power on)
the engine check light should be on

but its not correct that its the only one

oil pressure light and hand brake should be on also

Possible my mistake and I remembered wrong. Went to the car to record a video of it

Possible my mistake and I remembered wrong. Went to the car to record a video of it

looks slightly wrong to me

the oil pressure normally stay lit until you crank but my dash is different

probably why you have a P0520 error

you do have oil in the car ????

other than this it tell us quite a bit is working ABS, EPS, IMMO, 5 volt ref and so on

looks slightly wrong to me

the oil pressure normally stay lit until you crank but my dash is different

probably why you have a P0520 error

you do have oil in the car ????

other than this it tell us quite a bit is working ABS, EPS, IMMO, 5 volt ref and so on
By oil pressure do you mean the red dot or the oil icon? On the video I turned the key once to turn the power on and let it 'load' and they after everything stabilized I tried to crank the engine. The oil icon stayed on until I tried to start the engine.
the other half of the video is me trying to start it straigt away without letting it 'load'.

right i think we are getting somewhere
By oil pressure do you mean the red dot or the oil icon? On the video I turned the key once to turn the power on and let it 'load' and they after everything stabilized I tried to crank the engine. The oil icon stayed on until I tried to start the engine.
the other half of the video is me trying to start it straigt away without letting it 'load'.
i am not overly worried at the moment. Maybe i am wrong. My car starts within a second

as long as the the engine has oil and the engine is not seized

we are moving forward..

No click from the solenoid no power to the starter motor no crank

right i think we are getting somewhere

i am not overly worried at the moment. Maybe i am wrong. My car starts within a second

as long as the the engine has oil and the engine is not seized

we are moving forward..

No click from the solenoid no power to the starter motor no crank
My mate also suggested that I connect the battery to the motor using a jump lead to test the connection(I think? not sure if I got it right). Is that something I can do? Any idea where the motor is located in my car more or less?

you need to check fuse 23
My mate also suggested that I connect the battery to the motor using a jump lead to test the connection(I think? not sure if I got it right). Is that something I can do? Any idea where the motor is located in my car more or less?
right at the back of the engine near the battery

get someone to listen near the battery while you try and crank

no click here and the fault will be

weak battery
poor ground
ignition switch
starter motor
break in the small brown wire

F23 must be okay as the body computer still powers on

My first test would be to check battery voltage is present on the brown wire at the D004 connector with a volt/multi meter while cranking

start.png

Sorry about the delay, was a little busy.

Tried connecting netural to the greabox and then to the chasis, like someone mentioned in the thread, but that didn't work. I am trying to find someone to come and fix it, but in the meanwhile I would also like to try connecting bettery directly to the starter, but I have hard time location it. Could anyone advise where it is? I have googled some photos of how it should look like, but I am unable to locate it from above.

IMG_4111.jpg

Sorry about the delay, was a little busy.

Tried connecting netural to the greabox and then to the chasis, like someone mentioned in the thread, but that didn't work. I am trying to find someone to come and fix it, but in the meanwhile I would also like to try connecting bettery directly to the starter, but I have hard time location it. Could anyone advise where it is? I have googled some photos of how it should look like, but I am unable to locate it from above.

View attachment 421040
Access from above : NO

From below : possible but awkward

Starter is bolted to Gearbox..AT REAR of engine

not sure what this will achieve

Bolts in here.

panda.jpg

and looks like this as you can see its well covered with a black cover which can only be removed from underneath

s-l500.jpg

Here I am testing the alternator you want the solid brown wire and a 2 minute check and accessible from the top

starter.jpeg

if its getting battery voltage while cranking you can sometime free them up with a tap from broom handle or something similar while some tries to crank

if its not getting battery voltage it like to be the ignition switch

Ok so there was an issue with the grounding. Got someone to do it. Apparently half of the engine wasn't grounded because of a rusty wire. He got it replaced and everything started working. Thank you for all your help guys!

If you could find someone with jump start cables yes it would be quiet easy to confirm if you have a earth issue.
Use only one cable from the earth connection on the battery to the engine (i haver used the engine mount) press the connection of your jump lead firmly on the engine or mount.. anything bare clean metal.
If the starter motor works.. that will confirm your earth issue.

@Malisz
Thats 3 different people suggesting the correct action.. test and replace the Earth circuit

What method did you employ with your friend to rule out the Main Earth Cable ?

( I have yet to see one of mine fail.. so am keen to learn of potential pitfalls)

Back