IMAG0133black.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Opinions welcome guys :).

Introduction

i have just refurbed some sporting alloys and i am not sure what colour to spray them, my car is the light blue and i am having trouble picking what colour to go for, so your opinions are welcome:)

here are some photoshoppies, i think i am leaning towards normal silver or gunmetal but i am not sure.

this is silver:

this is gunmetal:

this is black:

this is black with silver highlights:

and this is gunmetal with silver highlights:

all opinions are welcome guys(y)

p.s wheels are from google so ignore the calipers been backwards lol, plus my calipers are getting painted black
Reactions: 04 Banks
Re: Opinions welcome guys :)

Im local. Im living in Marsh next year when i go back to University, but currently on Huddersfield Road.

I would say Colin is local... :rolleyes: haha, any more anyway, im sure he used to be.

Me and Eklipze3k are from Huddersfield, your welcome to come to the meets around here. look in the events section for Yorkshire ITALIA or visit, www.yorkshire-italia.zzl.org

Colin...

I Study BSc(Hons) Architectural Technology. got a few years left. on my second year.

Im Greg and doing Architecture. Im first year and wondering which to do after this. Architecture or Architectural Tech. I thought the Tech was taught at the Oldham campus?

Im local. Im living in Marsh next year when i go back to University, but currently on Huddersfield Road.

I would say Colin is local... :rolleyes: haha, any more anyway, im sure he used to be.

Me and Eklipze3k are from Huddersfield, your welcome to come to the meets around here. look in the events section for Yorkshire ITALIA or visit, www.yorkshire-italia.zzl.org

Colin...

I Study BSc(Hons) Architectural Technology. got a few years left. on my second year.

Im Greg and doing Architectre & Interior Design foundation year. Not sure what to do next year. Architecture or Arch Tech :/ I always thought Tech was taught at the Oldham campus. You enjoying course fella?

wooo i got the wheels on today, just before it rained, check it out i think its looks awesome:) they are a little darker than i thought but it goes well with the bump strips and the wing mirrors. going to try some matte grey vinyl on the mirrors though see what it looks like, otherwise i might cc them.

WTF why have i not had these on my car sooner, its so quiet, so smooth, so grippy, it is not the same car anymore, all i can hear while driving is my chair squeak. i am so glad i went for that size, it is amazing. the tyres are a bit slippy still cos they are new, but my god the steering is so grippy and light

LOVE = MY CAR (y)

Looks awesome! Wish I could afford to get that done, but part time jobs suck lol

Last edited:

Thanks guys i really like it:)

It didnt cost too much, i sold the **** tyres that were on the rims so i really only paid £20 for them. And i am going to sell my steelys so i should recoupe some cost. The real cost was about £30 paint and £150 for tyres. But i am sorted for life now lol

Erm i dunno i kind of like them black, but i am going to try and vinyl wrap them similar colour to the rims first and see how that looks, if its crap then i cc them:) .Next thing i am going to do is de badge the sides and black vinyl the c pillar, as i really like that black look on the sportings.

I need to get a quote on insurance for spolier and skirts first, as if its alot i am not right bothered as all they really do is add weight :p

Haha , yeah they will let me but it will prob cost an extra premium, they will let me have owt but i have to pay for it lol

Erm i am keeping the side strips, paint is screwed underneath and i get enough dents as it is lol, i might de tango, but they dont bother me, i might do it when i finish my homemade angel eyes:)

Haha , yeah they will let me but it will prob cost an extra premium, they will let me have owt but i have to pay for it lol

Erm i am keeping the side strips, paint is screwed underneath and i get enough dents as it is lol, i might de tango, but they dont bother me, i might do it when i finish my homemade angel eyes:)

How do you make your own angel eyes? I want a go at it if it will save a few quid ;)

I saw a vid and i think brin has done it before, its just some acrylic rod with two leds in really it not too hard to do, hardest bit will prob be the install as got to cut the lights open.

I am toying with the idea of eyebrow lights like on the new saab, they look awesome and i dont have to break the seal on the lights. I reckon i can do it with the rod on the outside and an acrylic cover to create the glow.

Il post the vid of angel eyes when i go on the comp tomos:)

Is it as simple as bend it into the shape and then wire an led into the rods?

here you go, its not a bad tutorial actually

also the music is epic

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=980547339061120203"]How To Create Custom LED Angel Eye Rings[/ame]#

Stupid ipod it was meant to be a like lol.

I never noticed that lol what a goon. Only the finest tools for diy jobs, i swear i have a homemade ruler somewhere lol, which was ironically made using another ruler lol

Well what a ****ty day, i went on the motoway yesterday and it was vibrating quite bad, so i checked the wheels out and let some air out as they where well out, went for a drive and it seemed smoother but still vibrating, then on the way home a guy flag me down and said my wheel at the back was wobbling like crazy, so i took it to a garage and its buckled:(

Also he checked the balance on the others and none were right, so i am offically bad mouthing normanton tyres in normanton, as they conned me, i went and complained that they had done **** all for the money i gave them and long story short they siad **** off.

So i am now looking for a new sporting wheel but cant find any, if anyone does please let me know.

Back