General old seats spare parts

Currently reading:
General old seats spare parts

now I have removed my old cloth seats and replaced with leather, I need to get rid of the old set. I figured I should dismantle them and use for spares?

what should I remove? I figure the airbag, ocs, plastics, handles, head rests...anything else??

Seriously how much are you expecting to get from selling the seats in parts. I guess very little. Sell the seats complete and you might get 50 for the pair. I can't really see much of a market for them. There is nothing special about a stilo seat, even abarth schumi ones. Big trick missed by fiat

no no no nooooo...you misunderstand. I have no intention of stripping the seats to sell, just to have spares to hand for me or anyone else. Free.

I cant be bothered selling as a whole.

Colour is black...i think..or very dark blue!

It's just the seat covers that I need. As you've now got leather, you won't need the seat covers as spares. ;)

Are they anything like this? They look black but close up they're a diamond pattern cut in half with grey triangles.

Attachments

• 121 Fabric.JPG
    121 Fabric.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 92
It's just the seat covers that I need. As you've now got leather, you won't need the seat covers as spares. ;)

Are they anything like this? They look black but close up they're a diamond pattern cut in half with grey triangles.

not sure, similar i suppose, here are some pics i just took...

CIMG2819_zps907a740d.jpg

CIMG2816_zpsd64251a8.jpg

CIMG2815_zps9cb8bb8a.jpg

yours if you want them, just cover postage.

My Abarth has the same pattern. Save the coverings - sooner or later, someone like me will want them, and as time goes by, they will become much better condition than all the others available out there. They don't take up much space. Might as well keep the passenger seat foam too - useful for repairing a driver's seat in the future. You probably know already that the OCS costs a lot to replace.

Everything else - frames, headrests, rails, seatbelt buckles, etc. can probably be binned. The chances of finding a home for those are slim.

I once bought new coverings for my Punto Sporting. A cool £250.

-Alex

Keep one seat in your living room to make a PS3 (or other console) driving seat. Place the other seat in the garage, use when taking a break from the Stilo work. Then make a big swing from the rear seats to make the wife happy. (y)

thanks guys, ill keep the seat covers if i can remove them without tearing and ill give them a wash. Ill strip the plastics and put in a box, the OCS must be useful so il hang onto them as spares and ill keep the head rests and air bag if removable. the rest as you say, will go in the bin at the weekend!

Hi, can I have the 2 steel front seat chassis if out of a 5 door? Where are you? I went from worcestershire to Kent to collect some free sports seats out of a schumaker, however what I didnt know was that the 5 door base frame is totally different. So I am not sure if i can fit the 3 door front seat base pads in the 5 door frame and I dont want to take mine apart to find out they wont fit. Thx David

All I need is the airbag not the whole chair really! ??

you can have it yes, but the connector has been cut (orange one under the seat) you will need to solder in a new one i think?

I still have to strip the seats, which I am doing this weekend, so yeah, if you want the air bag just cover the postage and its yours.

Back