Technical Oil leakage through EGR pipe

Currently reading:
Technical Oil leakage through EGR pipe

Amit Sharma

i purchased a sceand hand fiat palio 1.9D. run over 1.25L Km. I observed that there is heavy oil leakage in engine. after inspection i found the oil leaks from Tappet cover gaskit. I found a good mechanic of Fiat and get replaced the tappet cover and its gaskit. but still i found oil dropes on floor. i clean the engine and observe that oil coming through EGR pipe fitted in Intake. also there is a unit fitted with head (just on side of Tappet cover).
I fixed the EGR pipe leakage but i m confused that How the oil coming through EGR..? if its coming through exhaust than it should be in silencer too. but the silencer end is dry.

EGR valve is full with Carbon and oil. also there is oil in intake fold....

Can anybody suggest me. I dont know about EGR.

Thanks Peter. I agree that Carbon will be there but i have dought about oil..!! as oil is seen in inlet manifold too.
One more thing i wanna discuses that EGR must have a electric input (as i read about EGR on internet) but there is no electric input is given on that EGR. I searched an open wire near by it but not found.
Also i open the EGR pipe and starts the engine .. but it seems not connected with Exhaust as no gases coming through it. (on idle and also on high RMP)

Back