Technical OBDII connector - 150 Diesel

Currently reading:
Technical OBDII connector - 150 Diesel

barnacle

Anyone know the location of the OBD connector on the 150 Diesel? It ought to be in reach of the driver's seat but I can't see anywhere obvious. I need to reset the service counter after a recent service... Neil

And apropos of nothing, everything works on the OBD apart from clearing the DPF/oil change. I assume that it does actually *have* a DPF? There's something suspiciously large and chunky hanging from the turbo...

Neil

Ah, it's a 1.9 150 MJET so in that case it doesn't have the DPF?

The manual implies that it does and describes the flashing light oil polluted issue - perhaps there are other diesels in the range to which this applies? It would be nice if they'd actually state it, if that's the case...

Not that my light is flashing, but I just changed the oil and filters, and I don't want it suddenly to start - I do six hundred miles a week just commuting.

I have to ask you to excuse the dumb questions; my first diesel. I know pretty much all there is to know about the Fiat Coupe's engine management, but this is new territory.

Neil

I have a 165 and would like to be able to reset my service and dpf counter as well if possible, my dads Doblo's.

What exactly do I need to get hold of to do this? You obviously have it working at the moment!

BTW I used to love the Coupe.

Cheers

Fiatecuscan is what I was using. Which confused me a bit, because I kinda assumed that if the function was displayed it would be available; possibly this is not necessarily the case.

Sadly my startrek software only works on coupes and early puntos...

Neil

Hi, the are some 1.9 jtd 150`s with dpf.

There is also a service indicator on all Fiats (petrol and diesel) which is reset via the instrument panel which also requires a diagnostic machine.

On vehicles with dpf there is a secondary service indicator to be reset

If the oil light flashes on start up then the vehicle has dpf the oil needs changed. This is the same on all diesel fiats. Onced serviced at a main dealer the oil degadation indication is reset via injection ecu which stops the oil light from flashing.

Right... so how do I find out which have and haven't?

I need to investigate the service light reset anyway, though it's not on at present.

Hi guys,
I have T-jet 120. I need to reset service interval. do I need OBDII connector or is there any other way? thanks

The service timer in the dash of the bravo is pretty much useless and it's better to just ignore it.

When the wrench shows up on the dash indicating you need a service, just ignore it and after a few miles it stops.

As said above, if you want to reset it you need a software called FIAT ECUSCAN and an OBDII to USB cable to plug your laptop top the car.

When the wrench shows up on the dash indicating you need a service, just ignore it and after a few miles it stops.

As said above, if you want to reset it you need a software called FIAT ECUSCAN and an OBDII to USB cable to plug your laptop top the car.

I'm driving for more than 200 km with wrench showing on dash. I hope it will disappear soon. thanks (y)

I'm driving for more than 200 km with wrench showing on dash. I hope it will disappear soon. thanks (y)

I've driven 600 km and it's still on. I guess it will not disappear :(

Back