General New Twin Air - Stereo question

Currently reading:
General New Twin Air - Stereo question

Hi, I recently got a 2013 Twin Air to take over daily duties as my Barchetta has been leaking fuel and is taking a rest.

I’m really enjoying driving the car and although not the same as my Barchetta, it definitely has a lot of charm.

I am amazed at how terrible the stereo is. It doesn’t seem to be able to do much. Can I check a few things?

The Blue & Me usb does not provide power to a plugged in device?

Track names do not appear on the stereo panel, they just flash up on instrument cluster?

I was trying to avoid taking out the original stereo but may have to. Has anyone done this? I might try a standard usb stick first. Does anyone have any tips?

The USB charging power is quite low, 500mA or so, and probably not adequate for later devices.
No, track names do not appear on the stereo's screen, only on the central dash display or. if fitted, the B&M Tomtom plugged into the dashboard socket.

The system's a bit clunky and it's not advisable to try and select music while actually driving. I've used a USB drive since new, currently a 16gb with about 60 albums/folders, normally selecting an album and playing it on repeat till I tire of it. In that sense it suits my needs and I'm content with it. The B&M Tomtom satnav makes it a bit easier to find and select music.

Thanks, I have the USB working for now. The iPod wasn't getting enough charge to operate once the battery wore down. I will probably replace the stereo at some point as long as I can keep the steering wheel control.

Back