General Advice on buying Twin Air

Currently reading:
General Advice on buying Twin Air

Why would they say anything if they haven’t done it, just draws attention to it and if I went to see
the car I’d ask more details of exactly what was done.

IMO, the following reasons:

1. They didn't replace it preemptively, unless they already had one, which I personally don't think they did.
  2. It was more than likely faulty, but didn't want to physically say anything was faulty, (or mention the word faulty) with a car they're trying to sell.
  3. They were trying to create the impression that they are super bonafide, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about, so stop asking questions.
  4. Dealers are just that, and rarely have your best interests at heart.
Had to edit

Last edited:
IMO, the following reasons:

1. They didn't replace it preemptively, unless they already had one, which I personally don't think they did.
  2. It was more than likely faulty, but didn't want to physically say anything was faulty, (or mention the word faulty) with a car they're trying to sell.
  3. They were trying to create the impression that they are super bonafide, and you have absolutely nothing to worry about, so stop asking questions.
  4. Dealers are just that, and rarely have your best interests at heart.
  5. The fact that they say that the fault you describe (justifiably I personally think) about the height, is passed off as ok, makes them a questionable dealer.
1 and 2 then why mention it at all, I didn’t ask about it and as I said by mentioning it just
means I would make sure it wasn’t faulty when I viewed the car.

And think you’re getting 2 threads confused 5. Refers to someone else’s car in a
thread they started I just posted in that thread with a suggestion.

Am I missing something?

Any case whichever Fiat 500 I ended up getting would cost less for insurance
than my current 2nd car, this is a downsizing (down costing)exercise but Looking for something
that can still be a bit of fun on occasions and when driving it within legal limits.
I would go for a TA as it IS fun to drive (I’ve a panda cross with that engine) I’ve also had the multijet and 1.2, all in 4x4/cross versions. The TA doesn’t have the low down torque of the multijet and certainly not the economy of it, but it’s much more spirited than the 1.2 but at the expense of fuel. I do try to do normal ‘eco’ driving but the TA is fun in ‘sport mode’.
But, if it’s a 500 then you can go full hooligan in an Abarth

Am I missing something?

Any case whichever Fiat 500 I ended up getting would cost less for insurance
than my current 2nd car, this is a downsizing (down costing)exercise but Looking for something
that can still be a bit of fun on occasions and when driving it within legal limits.
Have you investigated the insurance costs of Abarths recently!

If go Abarth would be a base T-jet and definitely lower insurance than current car.

Back