Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 twin air

Try post 6 🙂

Hatch wiring..?

My 2004 panda didn't blow a bulb.. Or Fuse in 90k over 14 years. 🙂

Blown fuses is usually an indication of a bigger problem 🤔

The Downloads section should give access to manuals:

Be wary of spec changes over years, trim.. And being a TA 😉
Yes I understand but I am trying to repair the wiring to the tailgate, it has been butchered before and a very poor fepair done there are nemerous bare wires and I have repaired them all but the rear neumber plate bulbs do not light , the bulbs are ok so maybe the fuse.

If the rear tail lights work then its not the fuse( which is not listed in the manual) check, before any repair area the yellow/green stripe wire that supplies power to the number plate lights, does the boot release handle work for the tail gate? Also check the earth to the number plate lights, all lights have their own earth wire ?

Tanks John for your help, this is a strange fault you are right it is not a fuse, the wiring is a mess it has been "fixed" before there are many bare wiresat first I did find the wire you quoted was broken I repared it and the number plate light worked not long after the little triangle on the dash came on it was the lights again this time the yellow/green light was ok there were no other obvious broken wires, I used .

51wK1wjlXXL._SS142_.jpg

woshilaoDS Solder Seal Wire Connectors,
ome of these were already used by a previous owner, I then decided to remove all of these kind of connectors and use wire soldered in, after I had done about 8 I decided to fire it up again and the lights were back on, I do not know if I have sorted this or if there is an intermittent breakage somewere there were quite a few wires that were intact but the insulation was cracked exposing the wire.

Back