New Phone Time- but theres no good ones

Currently reading:
New Phone Time- but theres no good ones

Its getting close to new phone time and I will be sticking with my network, but the phones on orange at the moment look poo and dont really take up my fancy.

Currently running a nokia 6680 and unless it fails, there doesnt seem to be an 'upgrade' as such.

anyone any thoughts on whats hot or not with phones?

BTW if anyone knows how to recover files off a corrupt MMC card, let me know, I have been trying to do it for months now and my 6680 is constantly out of memory without it

My mate told me... after I went out to get me and my better half a LG U880 each that I should have waited for the... yes you guessed it... N80/N90. Said mates sense of timing always has been crap :bang:

was going to buy some N70's to sell on, but not sure if i'd run risk of losing money because they'd be locked to vodafone :eek: although i would be paying staff prices :p maybe when new phone comes out see what money making scope there is :chin:

It's not usually the locking that puts people off as that's fairly easy to get round, it's more the 'Vodafone Live' branding everywhere in the menu that looks naff when you've got an O2 sim in it....:eek:

If you need a phone now the N70 is the a great phone, I have one and I love it and I don't usually ever like my phones. out of the 5 or 6 phones I've owned I love my current N70 and my ex Samsung X600 (The one with the Rotating Lense)

Both these phones were/are great (y)

Is the n90 the MP3 one? I heard that phone is really really bad (n)

mates got an N70 and been impressed with his, albeit you can't see the screen for entraped dust (I mean how hard is it to seal the screen bit at least?), and the little joypad thing went dodgy where it wouldn't scroll left and right (not used that much, up and down are more common commands):confused: got a new one a week later.

I'm still looking at a W800i, I've heard loads about the dodgy joysticks and personally I don't like the way they look (orange:yuck: ) or the fact my potato fingers can't press the little buttons or use the joystick to any accuracy

faster4_tec said:
mates got an N70 and been impressed with his, albeit you can't see the screen for entraped dust (I mean how hard is it to seal the screen bit at least?), and the little joypad thing went dodgy where it wouldn't scroll left and right (not used that much, up and down are more common commands):confused: got a new one a week later.

I'm still looking at a W800i, I've heard loads about the dodgy joysticks and personally I don't like the way they look (orange:yuck: ) or the fact my potato fingers can't press the little buttons or use the joystick to any accuracy
the joystick used to be a problem with SE phones, my old k700i used to be a bitch for it, but everyone i know with a newer model (or older model fresh of the converyor) are free from those sorts of problems, and the w800i looks slick.

SE are releasing some slimline 3G phones shortly that look well nice...not a fan of nokias, mostly cos they seem to be getting bigger and bigger...

Slippy said:
:cool:

NOKIA 8800 - the most gorgeous phone nokia have ever bought out. I got one. Marvelous.

I would go further and say its the best looking phone ever from anyone, this is the phone I think I’ll be upgrading to this month as Orange offered me 35 phones for free upgrade now, even tho contract not up till 28th and about 5 that I have to pay a negligible amount for, except this one I have to pay a substantial amount for as its the most expensive phone on the market, why is that the only one you really want is the one you have to pay for :bang:

faster4_tec said:

Samsung i300 with 3GB Hard Drive may be a good alternative and o2 doing online pay monthly deals on them... Struggle with stepsons 3220 with the top middle button too - too fiddlely (n)

I heard the 8800 lacks features and is boring, more of just a phone, which is ok if you want just a phone.

I heard the w800 and a few other SonyEricsson phones like to fry Memory cards :(

I read the Samsung i300 is not 3G compatible :(

And I read on one thread about someone that needed memory recovered from a MMC, Try putting it in a PC using an MMC card reader worked for my mate after it refused to be read in any mobile phone.

J333EVO said:
I would go further and say its the best looking phone ever from anyone, this is the phone I think I’ll be upgrading to this month as Orange offered me 35 phones for free upgrade now, even tho contract not up till 28th and about 5 that I have to pay a negligible amount for, except this one I have to pay a substantial amount for as its the most expensive phone on the market, why is that the only one you really want is the one you have to pay for :bang:

HINT - don't phone orange for an upgrade - phone them because you want to leave. Tell them you want to leave because they want to charge you for the 8800 and you can get it for next to nothing from vodaphone, o2 etc on the net. This is what i did.

They will go through the whole thing of trying to offer you line rental for free etc. don't budge. tell them that unless they can substantially reduce the amount they want for an 8800 you'll be leaving them.

I had mind by doing this for the grand total of £23 on a £25 (+5insurance) per month contract.

good luck.

Back