Off Topic New Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150

Currently reading:
Off Topic New Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150

rgc610

Picked this beauty up on Friday and I am loving it.

Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet 150 Dynamic

upload.jpg

Few little problems that I am getting fixed, seem to be common fiat bravo problems! Sun visor was missing, loose gear box handle, squeaky window (Seems to be from the window miss-aligning).

Really nice car though inside and out, need to increase the mpg though (currently 30.5 mpg) but I can't resist the sound of the turbo! Might try super unleaded next time to clear out the car a little bit.

Hey I had the visor issue on a super sunny day on my previous bravo, and the visor came off in my hand sorted it out before part ex it in for my new bravo,
I notice the fog lights have bubbled is that right my old bravo did that.on the 13 plate I can turn the guided fog lights off. I don't want it happening again . Like the colour though :thumbup::D

Don't think the fog lights have bubbled! Have to take a look.

How much did you get the sun visor done for?

Hey I am not sure they have bubbled they look a browny colour which is what happened to mine but they then bubbled, like the inside as if the lamp was really hot, so just thought it was the norm on Bravos.have a look though dude,

Well I had the visor still and I fixed it back up my self,could have got one for £20 though.do you have one for it when you pick the car up?:thumbup:

My driver side sun visor fell off @ less than 1000 mls.
Within 18 months both front and rear FIAT badges first discoloured/faded then fell off, also right front fog lamp turned yellow/brown.I had never used the foglights so they only came on as cornering lights and I generally don't drive at night, so very little usage.Car is garaged at night and parked in shade during day, so unlikely to be sun/UV damage.
Fiat refused to do anything, dismissing these faults as cosmetic only. I will never buy another Fiat Group product.

Al.

Last edited:
How do you turn the cornering fog lights off? Or was it only an option with the facelift?

Is it not? I didn't know that, it's a 13 plate and thought it maybe something that they had feedback on and so come up with the option

A software update on most cars will enable it, seems to be hit and miss with what Fiat decide to do.

Personally don't feel the need for them on my Bravo with its OEM HIDs, but we're effective the other evening in Andy Monty's EVO with standard headlights when coming back from a meal out.

I can't see cornering lights causing issues with the foglamp housings, they're hardly on long enough to produce any decent heat.

Back