General New 500

Currently reading:
General New 500

Pingu85

Very excited about my new fiat 500. It's a 59 plate 1.2 lounge. Was supposed to be picking it up tonight but got a call from the garage to say thwy have lost the keys so now have to wait for the replacements to arrive before picking it up :( getting a courtesy car in the meantime. Will have to wait a little longer for my 500

Very excited about my new fiat 500. It's a 59 plate 1.2 lounge. Was supposed to be picking it up tonight but got a call from the garage to say thwy have lost the keys so now have to wait for the replacements to arrive before picking it up :( getting a courtesy car in the meantime. Will have to wait a little longer for my 500

Welcome to the forum. How in the world can they lose the keys?

Not being a sporty type I prefer the Lounge model for its comfort and equipment. The Pop's a bit basic and while the Sport's fun it's also a bit hard-riding.

Welcome to the forum. How in the world can they lose the keys?

Not being a sporty type I prefer the Lounge model for its comfort and equipment. The Pop's a bit basic and while the Sport's fun it's also a bit hard-riding.

Suspension is identical across the range - over here anyway not sure about oz but I'd say the spec is no different.

Yeah I think the difference is the Sport version here in Australia gets disc brakes front and rear, whereas Lounge and Pop get rear drum brakes.

Do all the Aussie Sports get discs all round, over in the UK it was only the 1.4 that had them.
The original Sport spec, which differed externally mainly by having a boot spoiler, was never that popular over here but since they've brought out the new one with the face lifted bumpers they're everywhere!

Suspension is identical across the range - over here anyway not sure about oz but I'd say the spec is no different.

Yeah, but the 16" wheels will ride a bit harder. The Lounge's extra weight on the same springs also means a softer ride.

The S comes standard with 15" wheels which are the 'black chrome' look. The 16" wheel is an option which appearance wise is almost identical to the US wheel. I have the 16" wheels on my S, happy to post a pic. Ride is not harsh at all.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1412030073.314983.jpg
Pic of the 16" wheel option for the S.
I personally think it looks better than than the standard 15" S wheel.

the car is too slow with the 195's and considerably less fuel efficient as well. It makes it fat! 15 inch 185/55's and no more.

Petrol is much cheaper in Australia,
so I'm ok with the 16's... More than happy with the 1.4's perky performance.

Back