m010.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My wife`s sporting and my HGT Abarth

Introduction

My wife`s Sporting ,

m010.jpg

mediaCAIH17JF.jpg

And my HGT Abarth ,

FIAT PUNTO HGT 005.jpg
btw, here are the pic of my induction as requested. no heat shield yet as waiting for it to arrive, but u get the idea.

Looks good man ,, Just make shure you tie the pipe down as it will rub on the battery bracket .. if you look at my photo you will see I used some of the leftover pipe to cover the bracket then a plastic tie,,, like the paint job done a nice job mate , I am going to get a cold pipe on mine to

i wedged a bit of pipe between the mount and induction. its not tied down, but will see if it holds. the induction is pretty solid where it is, hardly any movement at all as its a tight space between the battery and coil pack. shouldnt have any issues with it effecting the coil pack either i dont think. will play things by ear for the moment. urs seems more angled to mine tho, didnt think there were any differences in a sporting and a standard 16v engine and i couldnt place the induction anywhere else otherwise the bonnet wouldnt close.

i wedged a bit of pipe between the mount and induction. its not tied down, but will see if it holds. the induction is pretty solid where it is, hardly any movement at all as its a tight space between the battery and coil pack. shouldnt have any issues with it effecting the coil pack either i dont think. will play things by ear for the moment. urs seems more angled to mine tho, didnt think there were any differences in a sporting and a standard 16v engine and i couldnt place the induction anywhere else otherwise the bonnet wouldnt close.

How dose it go now with the induction on ... makes a good sound under the bonnet ... has your car been maped mate as mine has ..... Looks good mate just like ours ( The wifes ) ... I think the engins are the same just that we have a 6 speed box !

dont know yet. not driven her yet, will find out later when i go to work a night shift. sounds bout the same as the diy induction from just reving at standstill, but hard to hell till i take her out... still a nice grumble tho although i did get more of a sucking sound i quess u could call it. must be from the smoother airflow. no mapping for mine, may get it done at some point, depending on costs but not sure. dont know much about all that really.

dont know yet. not driven her yet, will find out later when i go to work a night shift. sounds bout the same as the diy induction from just reving at standstill, but hard to hell till i take her out... still a nice grumble tho although i did get more of a sucking sound i quess u could call it. must be from the smoother airflow. no mapping for mine, may get it done at some point, depending on costs but not sure. dont know much about all that really.

Our Sporting was done when we got her .. I think it was about £250 lot more response and still getting about 39 to the gallon :)

Let me know how yours go .. Do you have a sports exhuast on yours .. I have one to put on ours when I find time ..

Last edited:
250 seems a bit steep for me. dont think i could convince the mrs to let me spend that much on it... small mods done over time let me get away with it cos she dont realise how much ive been spending on it. lol.
exhaust is standard except for a stainless back box to make a bit more noise. would love a 421 straight through performance system but again, its costs.

250 seems a bit steep for me. dont think i could convince the mrs to let me spend that much on it... small mods done over time let me get away with it cos she dont realise how much ive been spending on it. lol.
exhaust is standard except for a stainless back box to make a bit more noise. would love a 421 straight through performance system but again, its costs.

We just got a SS Powerflow manifold back with decat for £35 from Ebay + £25 p&p .. well pleased but still got to put it on the car ...

The maping is a lot of money when I just got them wheels for the HGT for £160 for all 4 and new ; )

Last edited:
looks the same as my back box. dont know the maker of mine tho, but looking at urs, it could be a powerflow. who knows. either way, looks good.

cheers ... I put it on this morning .. did not take long as I just put the back box on as the center pipe has no cat ,,, some kind fella at the exhuast shop gave me two brackets for free today just had to get some exhuast paste £1.85 job done :)

Back