General My stilo abarth project car

Currently reading:
General My stilo abarth project car

Changed plugs yesterday put treatment in gear fluid hopefully stop the leak.put engine flush in let it run for a bit went to drop oil and out off all my tool I ain't got a 9mm hex have all them but a 9mm lol had to order one off eBay so delayed it a bit.plus when I was under the car I'm sure there's a engine mount away as I dropped car down off jack there was a clunk and engine shook and if u pull away hard and stop quick feels like engines going to drop out.I would like to know if there's any common mounts just to save me time when investigating thanks

Attachments

• 1402679390795.jpg
    1402679390795.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 1402679405538.jpg
    1402679405538.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1402679417936.jpg
    1402679417936.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 1402679431234.jpg
    1402679431234.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 77
In need of a cheap battery cover please help. Plus a quick question does stilo abarth have a egr valve if so where is if situated as I'll probly blank this off as I hate them not a great idea to put used gases back through Inlet

Quick update half way through service got plugs fitted.fuel treatment in.and intake manifold and throttle body totally cleaned out.now awaiting some new selespeed fluid.some new factory spec green long life coolant.some new lucas gearbox oil.new castrol brake fluid. New aliminium magnetic sump plug with standard nut fitment. And the 9mm hex to get the old rusty sump plug out

Sorry for late reply been busy moving house I managed to get full service done every fluid has been changed.I insured it last night and drove it 17miles to new house had no big problems until I full lock it and springs are creeking but there not snapped and strut tops are fine? Plus when I accelerate hard its vibrating harsh seem to go away a little but still there. Plus don't buy a k&n oil filter mine is tight as he'll and leaked on way home lost nearly all my new expensive oil and my oil treatment so ain't happy lol

Sorry for late reply been busy moving house I managed to get full service done every fluid has been changed.I insured it last night and drove it 17miles to new house had no big problems until I full lock it and springs are creeking but there not snapped and strut tops are fine? Plus when I accelerate hard its vibrating harsh seem to go away a little but still there. Plus don't buy a k&n oil filter mine is tight as he'll and leaked on way home lost nearly all my new expensive oil and my oil treatment so ain't happy lol

I had a similar problem with my filter. Due to its very tight location I hadn't tightened it up enough because I couldn't get my hand around it enough to grip it so leaked for about a week as I was searching for the cause :mad:

Yeah it is a nightmare I have a oil filter strap tool and still awkward lol all get a new filter and try again lol

Managed to get it tightened up was my error big tip use a thin leather belt type you get in suit trousers make sure it doubles over the buckle wrap it around filter lol job done pmsl

Anyone help with harsh vibrating under acceleration? Hoping its wheel balance if I take my time its OK?

If the wheels are not balanced you would only feel vibration driving at 60mph , if you feel the vibration when acceleration it can be engine mounts worn or gear box if the gear stick is shaking when driveing or your clutch.

Thanks for all the help was the passenger driveshaft inner CV joint couldn't get one anywhere so shafts been sent away bit of a pain to remove. Had to make a socket fit hub nut lol its a 36mm but the outer wall of socket was too big went all over town to try find the right socket couldn't get one had to order one in so went home and took grinder to my socket job done lol. So once my shaft comes back the car will be fine. Just to let you all know it passed its m.o.t no problems m.o.t tester said was tidiest car he's ever tested of that age still has original brake pipes and there like new etc so was pleased to hear that got one advisory for drivers front drop link which is nothing really

Bored today fitted new aerial and some graphics I had spare from calipers onto sideskirts

Attachments

• 1405856282885.jpg
    1405856282885.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 1405856302968.jpg
    1405856302968.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1405856320587.jpg
    1405856320587.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 1405856337432.jpg
    1405856337432.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 1405856356982.jpg
    1405856356982.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 1405856367741.jpg
    1405856367741.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for all the help was the passenger driveshaft inner CV joint couldn't get one anywhere so shafts been sent away bit of a pain to remove. Had to make a socket fit hub nut lol its a 36mm but the outer wall of socket was too big went all over town to try find the right socket couldn't get one had to order one in so went home and took grinder to my socket job done lol. So once my shaft comes back the car will be fine. Just to let you all know it passed its m.o.t no problems m.o.t tester said was tidiest car he's ever tested of that age still has original brake pipes and there like new etc so was pleased to hear that got one advisory for drivers front drop link which is nothing really

Glad to see everything's ok on the MOT front bud (y) cars looking amazing!

I had a similar drive shaft problem on mine. It was the passenger side one for me and cost me around £345 to sort :eek:

Well worth sorting though their great cars :)

Cheers.would of put more updates on but been busy moving house.car is great drives really well goes like the wind plenty power plus I managed to get 28-29mpg if I drive sensible that's max like lol seen it at 18 when I put foot down a bit

Also I need a set of headlights in good condition if anyone has any as drivers one has been boched up as one of bulb clips missing and the other one fogs up every now and then and is dirty inside also still after a battery cover and two adjustable bottled stoppers as mine are missing from slam panel

Back