General My New GP :D :D 1.4 Active Sport...

Currently reading:
General My New GP :D :D 1.4 Active Sport...

thaduck1

Well i have been a member of the punto mk2 forum for a good few months now and the other day my old Mk2 2001 fiat punto finally gave in on me. So yesterday i decided to go and buy myself a 2007 Fiat Punto Grande :D :D!! its a 1.4 8v active sport and i absolutely love it.

I had loads of problems with my old punto but could not resist upgrading to this, they are just so damn beautiful :D!!

Just a few questions tho (probably stupid ones) first off is it normal for the revs to stay at 10 when its idle??

Another question is, what revs should i be changing gear on?? i normally change at around 30000 revs, is this ok??

the car came with an ipod lead connected to the cd player, is it possible to switch this to a standard aux jack?? and how easy is it to do??

Any comments or suggestions on what i could do to the car would be much appreciated.

20130416_155054.jpg
[/url] http://postimage.org/[/IMG]

20130416_155025.jpg
[/url] http://postimage.org/[/IMG]

20130416_155109.jpg
[/url] http://postimage.org/app.php[/IMG]

On cold start it flips to 1.5k revs, slowly dropping to 0.75k revs when warm.

Changing gear is entirely up to you, I prefer to shift up at 7k though.

EDIT: Nice! Very clean, good colour as well. :)

Thanks for the advice and compliments :) i know i couldnt believe my luck when i found it... its in mint condition tbh!! i loved my mk2 punto, but i have to say compared to it this is sooo much of a better drive!! i just hope its not as temperamental :/!! hahah 7k i have to agree sounds crazy lol the most i think ive changed at is 5 k lol!! what tips do yall have on keeping it maintained?? thanks!

Well as it is 6 years old it should, SHOULD have had both the belts and the water pump done, if it hasn't, get it done as a matter of absolute urgency.

Read the common faults sticky too, and give your car the once over.

Thanks for the advice, im not sure if these have been changed.. how can i check??

Also it is due for an MOT, i have the cars previous MOT certs and Service History and the car has never failed an MOT and has only ever had 1 advisory for tyres being bald so im hoping it should sail through.. but what checks can i do just incase??

Its done 54000 miles

Thanks again

Nah, there are only the mot certs and the service book no reciepts.. so im guessing that they have not been changed then! how much does it cost to change them??

To the OP. Nice car and welcome to the GP club! A lot of members come here once transferring away from mk2's and 2b's. I had a mk2 for 2 years prior to my GP also :) Any plans for your car?

On cold start it flips to 1.5k revs, slowly dropping to 0.75k revs when warm.

Changing gear is entirely up to you, I prefer to shift up at 7k though.

EDIT: Nice! Very clean, good colour as well. :)

:cool:

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME ENGINE BUT NOT DOING ANYTHING. WHY OH WHY.

7k does seem crazy. Mine screams its nuts off above 4k, yet alone hitting 5k+. I change gear about 3 to 3.5k maybe. I rarely exceed 4k revs, sounds painful, and i'm a MPG driver. I strive to get it up on all journeys haha :devil:

To the OP. Nice car and welcome to the GP club! A lot of members come here once transferring away from mk2's and 2b's. I had a mk2 for 2 years prior to my GP also :) Any plans for your car?

Hi Mate, Thanks.

Yeah i loved my mk2 (despite the endless problems) and i really love fiats in general, ive always really wanted the GP so decided now was the time and i had one hell of a bargain on it so it seems that it was fate lol...

Yeah i wanna do some stuff to it, but have no experience with any sort of mods and dont really know what to do if im honest lol!!

Private mate.. i was looking around i couldnt find a decent one for less than 3,200 so i think i found a bargain.. its only had 2 owners, full service history, 50000 miles on the clock, just flew the MOT!! so i think i was just lucky lol I really do love the car tho

Yes that is a bloody bargain! Nicely done! :)

Did you check the common faults out?

p.s the one I'd really check is the windscreen drain pipe, that can cause v expensive repairs.

Regarding mods, there are tons mate.

- different colour mirror caps
- Colour code door handles
- abarth headlights
- abarth rear lights
- tint rear lights
- flyeye headlights (like tinting, but just a material wrap)
- Lower (massive improvement over standard)
- tinted side repeaters
- change wheels
- have wheels refurbed a different colour
- de badge
- debadge grille
- change to new red FIAT badges
- vinyl wrap black behind front reg plate
- vinyl wrap roof black
- exhaust system
- upgraded air filter (nice noise ;))
- wind deflectors
- wheel spacers
- tinted windows
- remove stickers at bottom of rear panels (says something italian I think, I took those straight off)
- buy or spray grille black

I can't think of anything else at the minute, but if you look at the link in my signature i've done a fair few things to my car over 2 years.

Mods aside, if you have any other questions, this is the best place to ask! Always found everything i've needed here.

Back