DSC0003612.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My mk2 punto sporting.

Introduction

Heres when i 1st got it:

Bought it with a loud noise coming from the engine that could only be heard from the inside, turned out to be an engine mount which i replaced at a cost of £30 including a spare wheel never been used and some fuses, had some bad earths (usual punto problems)

Then removed the bump strips

C/C door handles:

Painted calipers red (which now regret)

tinted side windows:

Then moved on to smoothing my bumpers

Primer flatted off

Final coat of paint:

End result not too bad considering ive had no previous experiance of using filler or spraying.

Then was the mirrors as i had the yellow mixed already:

Plan is to smooth everything, Already have my boot in primer all de locked and badges, will upload pic when i can and have the front bumper off already.

thanks for looking let me know what you think cheers.
Re: My mk2 punto sporting

Mate have you tried to mount washer jets under the bonnet to the underside of the bonnet?? i think it would work like that seen on another car just need to get the stream right haha

and as for the mesh i dont think that it would restrict anything mate because mesh is pretty thin mostly so less surface area for drag...but i would defo but some mesh because i had my bumper without any for a while and got loads of stones hit the radiator and dint the fins on radiator.

Go for black mesh imo with the yellow puntoi would look good and not as noticeable as silver:)

Sounds like another good idea will look into it and definitely black (y)

Some more pics

DSC000856.JPG

DSC000897.JPG

DSC0005111.JPG

My workmanship :D

DSC000913.JPG

Been having some problems with the abs, sounds like its kicking in when it dosnt need too so cleaned the sensors on the rears problem went away for a bit but is now back so will have fronts off tomorow and clean them, hope it works am also getting a bit of a squeal from the front so looks like new wheel bearings are on the cards

thanks for looking (y)

Some more pics

DSC000856.JPG

DSC000897.JPG

DSC0005111.JPG

My workmanship :D

DSC000913.JPG

Been having some problems with the abs, sounds like its kicking in when it dosnt need too so cleaned the sensors on the rears problem went away for a bit but is now back so will have fronts off tomorow and clean them, hope it works am also getting a bit of a squeal from the front so looks like new wheel bearings are on the cards

thanks for looking (y)

looking good mate:)

dont you think the front numberplate spoilers the effort of the bumper tho:eek: i wasnt wanting to put my plate back on:D

BTW squeal wont be bearing mate bearing is usually a grinding knocking noise squeal is the bushes mate...spray sum WD40 on them and see if it goes(y)

I still cant beleive how perfect you smooth your car mate well good:)

looking good mate:)

dont you think the front numberplate spoilers the effort of the bumper tho:eek: i wasnt wanting to put my plate back on:D

BTW squeal wont be bearing mate bearing is usually a grinding knocking noise squeal is the bushes mate...spray sum WD40 on them and see if it goes(y)

I still cant beleive how perfect you smooth your car mate well good:)

Yeah the front plate does spoil it but it was a tempory quick bodge as i had just got it insured 7pm fri night lol so wasnt waiting around!

smoothings ok, its just getting the right colour match for me at the minute the yellow seems to be very difficult as it seems to fade and changes colour every hour lol :D

And its definitely a bearing lol (y)

Decided to paint my boot:)

DSC001128.JPG

DSC001149.JPG

Let me know (y)

nice:) i love night time pics dunno why lol just looks good lol

you mayaswel spray the whole car hahaha jokin mate does look really good tho dunno if i could live without a rear wiper lol when its pouring down and i look back and cant see muchi always use my rear wiper lol

Lol cheers brin, back wipers always been crap lol and if i keep it full of anti smear and fog its fine ;) tbh its just like driving a van that has rear windows when its not raining and just a bit less visability when it is lol :p

Plus the dark pic was the best thing i could do at 2am wednesday morning after picking up Gfs new fezza lol :D

Last edited:

looking good! how much is the drop?

sweet just how i want mine,how much is it dropped ?

50mm lads, pics are of when i first got them on they settled little bit more now.

but i wouldn't recommend 50mm its pretty nasty id try 30-35 but i know no one will listen as i didnt when i was deciding what ones to get lol :rolleyes:

50mm lads, pics are of when i first got them on they settled little bit more now.

but i wouldn't recommend 50mm its pretty nasty id try 30-35 but i know no one will listen as i didnt when i was deciding what ones to get lol :rolleyes:

nah 50mm FTW lol what quality springs are they mate?? i got some losuspension ones they wer well good perfect drop comfy ride...well depnds on roads lol

but it does break your exhaust evrynow and again lol

This looks good now mate now youve sprayed everything and its all smoothed and everything!
How hard is it to change the springs?
Im wanting to do mine but first i need to buy spring compressors but how hard is it to get the shocks off?

This looks good now mate now youve sprayed everything and its all smoothed and everything!
How hard is it to change the springs?
Im wanting to do mine but first i need to buy spring compressors but how hard is it to get the shocks off?

Rear springs are the easiest thing you will mechanically do in your life haha just take 2 bolts out (1 either side at bottom of shocker) and the rear axel will drop down far enough for you to just pull the old springs out and pop the new ones in....to refit the axel just jack it up until the shocker holes meet then put bolts back in simple.

Fronts are pretty simple as well on punto's tbh....remove the 2 bolts in the arch that holds the shocker to the hub...just pull off the brake line just slides off the shocker mounting...undo the top bolt under the bonnet and shocker will fall down lol

compress srpings and undo the top shocker bolt...untention the old springs and throw them away then the new spring dont even need compressing well they didnt when i put the exact same springs on lol tighten shocker top bolt...then refit onto car :)

Back