DSC0003612.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) My mk2 punto sporting.

Introduction

Heres when i 1st got it:

Bought it with a loud noise coming from the engine that could only be heard from the inside, turned out to be an engine mount which i replaced at a cost of £30 including a spare wheel never been used and some fuses, had some bad earths (usual punto problems)

Then removed the bump strips

C/C door handles:

Painted calipers red (which now regret)

tinted side windows:

Then moved on to smoothing my bumpers

Primer flatted off

Final coat of paint:

End result not too bad considering ive had no previous experiance of using filler or spraying.

Then was the mirrors as i had the yellow mixed already:

Plan is to smooth everything, Already have my boot in primer all de locked and badges, will upload pic when i can and have the front bumper off already.

thanks for looking let me know what you think cheers.
Re: My mk2 punto sporting

looking good :D that's how i want to do mine did you fill the front in all with filler or did you plastic weld?

Not all filler mate will crack, its just got a fine skim of filler over the top for smoothing purposes best to use the least filler you can.

Really need some coileys and some stretch now :slayer:

Any suggestions?

Should get some paint on it by the end of the week (y)

I actually like the grey its growing on me, hmmmm prime the whole car? lol :devil:

i know what you mean mate everything looks good in grey primer haha i use to think that when i use to spray my own things it brings out and shows all the curves of the item lol

do you do bodywork for a living or summat you good at it when i tryed for first timeto smooth mine must have been like 2month just to smooth one side and that was bent lmao

Last edited:

i know what you mean mate everything looks good in grey primer haha i use to think that when i use to spray my own things it brings out and shows all the curves of the item lol

do you do bodywork for a living or summat you good at it when i tryed for first timeto smooth mine must have been like 2month just to smooth one side and that was bent lmao

Nope mate im 19 never used a real spray gun before or bodyfiller lol but have always played with cars, like i said last night front bumpers taken me a week of working on it after work to get it were it is so far. I just read loads and loads about how to do it before i do it :)

And ask my dad :p

Last edited:

once you remove the bump strips the bumper sort of carrys on under there only a couple of slits where the bump strip cliped in...the plastic behind the bump strip is level enough to just straight use fibreglass to fill holes and body filler slight skim to level out :)

Man this is exactly what I'm about to get started with. See your spray gun, how much was it man? Take it you had to get a big compressor with it as well?

Spray gun was a devilbis spray gun which my dad used to spray his cars many moons ago lol so have no idea and the compressor was from aldis i think runs at 8 bar so plenty for what i want to do at the minute (y)

One big problem with this thread!!

Wheres the list of steps you followed and pics at each step ;), and maybe few vids (y)

One big problem with this thread!!

Wheres the list of steps you followed and pics at each step ;), and maybe few vids (y)

ive got pics of the bumpers primerd and after i flat them off with wet and dry and pics of last coat of paint and after i rubbed and polished them :confused: lol i have plenty more pics if wanted tho :p And what sort of vids? engine running? TBH its an underpowered shopping trolley and always will be no matter what size air filter or piece of drain pipe i put on the back of it lol :D

Still love it tho (y)

May aswell make use of my unlimited disk space now :D

One dirty engine/ Bay

DSC011103.JPG

One cleaner Engine/Bay :D

DSC011163.JPG

After de badge

DSC010733.JPG

Some go faster red (y)

DSC010712.JPG

After a wax

DSC0005513.JPG

Little pic when i was waiting for my wing mirrors to dry :p

DSC011231.JPG

Some smoothing pics

DSC011331.JPG

So close but yet so far.

DSC0003516.JPG

When i finally pulled finger and used a spray gun rather than a rattle can.

DSC000727.JPG

Front next

DSC011591.JPG

Mid process

DSC011552.JPG

Getting there

DSC011671.JPG

More

DSC011791.JPG

How it sits now and has done for the past week or so :bang:

Plans = de-tango headlights, mk2b rears, coileys, Some stretch, stance and dish the usual really :confused: lol. hmmmmmmm

Oh and De-badge bonnet and sort out the massive dents in it :)

maybe i know its a bit extreme,but if u are going for the smooth look.you could smooth off the window washers and fit them onto the wipers ( im sure a couple of people have done it on here )
just a thought been as you seem really good at smoothing and painting anyway :D

May aswell make use of my unlimited disk space now :D

DSC010733.JPG

Some go faster red (y)

How it sits now and has done for the past week or so :bang:

Plans = de-tango headlights, mk2b rears, coileys, Some stretch, stance and dish the usual really :confused: lol. hmmmmmmm

Oh and De-badge bonnet and sort out the massive dents in it :)

LOL nice mate!!

yeh may aswel make use of it now haha

and thank god im not the only one that noticed red calipers make you go faster;)

future plans sound nice mate(y)

ive got pics of the bumpers primerd and after i flat them off with wet and dry and pics of last coat of paint and after i rubbed and polished them :confused: lol i have plenty more pics if wanted tho :p And what sort of vids? engine running? TBH its an underpowered shopping trolley and always will be no matter what size air filter or piece of drain pipe i put on the back of it lol :D

Still love it tho (y)

Meant clips mainly on spraying, but the pics are a lot better (y)

Might of been good to do it in 2k or use some 2k lacquer especially on the front bumper.

Just need to smooth bonnet and roof then almost a full spray :)

Are you putting in a grill on the bumper to protect the radiator a little?

Last edited:

maybe i know its a bit extreme,but if u are going for the smooth look.you could smooth off the window washers and fit them onto the wipers ( im sure a couple of people have done it on here )
just a thought been as you seem really good at smoothing and painting anyway :D

Smoothing the washers has always been a funny decision, its like ill say thats too far but then i think well ive got no rear wiper now so were do i stop and what do i class as practical and unpractical lol seems a bit silly stopping now dosnt it, never heard of putting them on the wipers sounds like a very good idea tho thanks for the heads up matey will look into it (y)

LOL nice mate!!

yeh may aswel make use of it now haha

and thank god im not the only one that noticed red calipers make you go faster;)

They certainly do Boss. :p

Meant clips mainly on spraying, but the pics are a lot better (y)

Might of been good to do it in 2k or use some 2k lacquer especially on the front bumper.

Just need to smooth bonnet and roof then almost a full spray :)

Are you putting in a grill on the bumper to protect the radiator a little?

Oh got no clips of me spraying as its mainly ever only me in the garage when im spraying, Never used 2k before and have been told some bad storys when using it lol nothing wrong with the paint just it can go very wrong very quickly lol

Bonnet is next but cant decide wether its worth buying another one and de-badging, smoothing etc... or stick with this one which has ALOT of dents in it (ones atleast a foot sqaure)

Am also tempted to spray the whole car lol what do you think bright pink? maybe a bit of bright green or two tone to make it go a bit faster? :p

And for the grill i dont want too but i have this annoying sensible thing in my head saying i should, so yes i will be looking for the least restrictive piece of mesh/grill available

Thanks for the comments tho :)

Last edited:

They certainly do Boss. :p

Oh got no clips of me spraying as its mainly ever only me in the garage when im spraying, Never used 2k before and have been told some bad storys when using it lol nothing wrong with the paint just it can go very wrong very quickly lol

Bonnet is next but cant decide wether its worth buying another one and de-badging, smoothing etc... or stick with this one which has ALOT of dents in it (ones atleast a foot sqaure)

Am also tempted to spray the whole car lol what do you think bright pink? maybe a bit of bright green or two tone to make it go a bit faster? :p

And for the grill i dont want too but i have this annoying sensible thing in my head saying i should, so yes i will be looking for the least restrictive piece of mesh/grill available

Thanks for the comments tho :)

Mate have you tried to mount washer jets under the bonnet to the underside of the bonnet?? i think it would work like that seen on another car just need to get the stream right haha

and as for the mesh i dont think that it would restrict anything mate because mesh is pretty thin mostly so less surface area for drag...but i would defo but some mesh because i had my bumper without any for a while and got loads of stones hit the radiator and dint the fins on radiator.

Go for black mesh imo with the yellow puntoi would look good and not as noticeable as silver:)

Back