Technical mpg

Currently reading:
Technical mpg

gerbil1

Good afternoon, this has probably been asked before but, i have a 2019 1.2 lounge which we have had for 3 year's it has always returned around 41 MGP around town and run it on E10 petrol but 2 weeks go we decided to try it on the E5 fuel as it is said to be better but the MPG has dropped to around 35 we have used that tank of fuel and gone back to E10 but have had no improvement. Can anyone give me any clue what to look at to improve things. Thanks for any help you could give. Kevin

First thing in the morning, on cold days, misfiring engines and driving with all your lights and Aircon on, use more fuel. Simple fact is a heated garage (or lockup) will see you get better Mpg first thing no matter the weather. As your engines not cold or under a greater electrical load.

Yes the same applies to electric cars and hybrids, as they have electric everything and the main battery's don't hold as much amps on a cold, never mind a frozen one.

So be a true Uk'ian and blame the weather.

I even blame the weather when I am sexually dysfunctional.

Good afternoon, this has probably been asked before but, i have a 2019 1.2 lounge which we have had for 3 year's it has always returned around 41 MGP around town and run it on E10 petrol but 2 weeks go we decided to try it on the E5 fuel as it is said to be better but the MPG has dropped to around 35 we have used that tank of fuel and gone back to E10 but have had no improvement. Can anyone give me any clue what to look at to improve things. Thanks for any help you could give. Kevin
Would 2 weeks ago not coincide with the worst winter weather the country has seen for a few years?

Defrosting especially absolutely knackers Economy regardless of fuel type you put in.

My experience mirrors yours. I wont use E10 until I am forced to. Google E10 in horticultural machinery and you will see this E10 is properly EVIL. Power loss and poor drivability alone are enough to convince me its not as good for the environment as is suggested. If you burn that much more fuel overall, where exactly is the advantage?

Back