Technical Motorhome Auto Roller 1.9 td 1999 diesel to long to start..

Currently reading:
Technical Motorhome Auto Roller 1.9 td 1999 diesel to long to start..

Great photo of filter and filter head.

Well done you have identified a problem.

It isn't the bulb type primer but...

The primer pump diaphragm on that type of filter head can get pin holed and admit air. So if you find no fuel line problems replace the filter head.
Or if you find a reasonably priced filter head just replace it.

Great photo of filter and filter head.

Well done you have identified a problem.

It isn't the bulb type primer but...

The primer pump diaphragm on that type of filter head can get pin holed and admit air. So if you find no fuel line problems replace the filter head.
Or if you find a reasonably priced filter head just replace it.
Hello Jack...

Doing it now and will replace all... I am wondering as well the Black push fit Pipe "Blue Circled" will likely have a rubber "o" ring in it and looking at the pipe is quite oily (not wet as if leaking) but messy... what do you think...

Lyn

Attachments

• fp2.JPG
    fp2.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 26
Trying to replace with fiat parts will be very expensive even if you can find the parts.
My opinion is easier and cheaper to use fuel hose "off the reel" and hose clips Ensure the hose is correctly routed and safely secured to vehicle .

Last edited:
If you leave the plastic pipe in place you can secure replacement hose to the plastic hose using zip ties

Hello Everyone..

I have now taken pics of the diesel fuel pump and clearly shows the type it is... It has primer on top as a button... give it a 5 good pushes this morning... temp here today as I am on the sea front... is 3 degrees... and sunny... and give it a start and sure enough within 5 turns just started...

But fuel line was not primed I would say filter was 3/4 full of diesel.... before I primed it...

Lyn...
I have had to replace that type of pump/primer and fuel filter assembly in the past due to air leaks, I think the pump diaphragm fails.
If you block the outlet and pump it up a few times it may show a leak, alternatively what I mentioned previously about a gravity supply to test it.
Also double check there isn't an air leak on the filter double seals as the filter is sandwiched between the two parts and often the filter is changed and not to sealing rings or they get poorly seated.
I had a customer with the same type filter body on a Peugeot 405 TD , he had serviced it himself and couldn't understand why it would start and then die as he went to pull away, air was getting in over night due to his poor fitting of the filter.

Hello Helpers...

Update.. To "Harvey"

I have named it that when my husband said... "So what are we going to call this "RV" then"...

I have bought new Bosch filter with Button primer ... and now run the engine for over an hour .. ticking over and around fast idle (2000 ish) revs... found a plug off and nearest was this gadget (red ring around it) connected it to the obvious place and now dash has the symbol (as in Pic below) but the coolant/temp dash gauge is just before half way and no sign of any overheating .. even after an hour stationary running without turning off...
Water in reservoir is correct to the limit...
So what is this gadget... for ... any one know... I can't find one similar anywhere to find out...

and finally 4th injector the one with the leaking leak off bung.. seams to be slight leak at head.. so will remove it and replace it... checking if it needed tightening first...

Lyn...

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Icons-28.png
    Icons-28.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 29
Sorry but I can not see from your picture either the wire that was not connected not the "gadget " to which it is now connected.

From the image of the dash symbol the wire should be connected to an overheat warning switch- if engine has one.

Sorry but I can not see from your picture either the wire that was not connected not the "gadget " to which it is now connected.

From the image of the dash symbol the wire should be connected to an overheat warning switch- if engine has one.
Yes Jack it is a rubbish shot of it.. I will take a proper pic today..

Lyn...

Back