MES Connection Help - Please

Currently reading:
MES Connection Help - Please

I have chosen the correct vehicle from the list on MES.

However, when I go into proxy alignment (and MES says all is aligned) the engine is listed as gasoline and gearbox as selespeed. I would have assumed these settings should reflect the vehicle??
So what is your vehicle? Often the Model x, Model y, Model Z, year etc can be confusing. With a VIN number I/we/you can look up on ePER and get Fiat's official designation which may be different to what you think you have.

So what is your vehicle? Often the Model x, Model y, Model Z, year etc can be confusing. With a VIN number I/we/you can look up on ePER and get Fiat's official designation which may be different to what you think you have.
Its a 2.3 130 Multijet, x250. That can only be a diesel. I cant see how FIAT would be so confused that my vehicle is set up as a gasoline engine when it has a diesel.

Also, it is not a facelift model, but interestingly the modules fitted to it are from a facelift model (eg Bosch 9 ABS rather than Bosch 8). Its a bit weird.

I tried to look at ePER but couldnt get it to work (I have not heard of ePER before).

S
Ducato, Bravo, Croma, ...... One has to be really specific which is why I suggested a VIN number. Currently me an others here are digging in the dark as we do not know actually what your vehicle is!
Sorry, thought I had mentioned that in my first post. Its a Ducato, 2012, 130 Multijet x250 based motorhome.

S

Sorry, thought I had mentioned that in my first post. Its a Ducato, 2012, 130 Multijet x250 based motorhome.
Well MES only lists two Ducato Type 250 Multijets. 2.3 Litre and 3.0 Litre. Both show as diesel. Where are you getting/seeing Gasoline and Selespeed in MES. Can you post a screen shot? Also MES creates a log file and you can create a PDF report.

Well MES only lists two Ducato Type 250 Multijets. 2.3 Litre and 3.0 Litre. Both show as diesel. Where are you getting/seeing Gasoline and Selespeed in MES. Can you post a screen shot? Also MES creates a log file and you can create a PDF report.
Its in the "Body" System under Can Setup/Proxy Alignment Procedure. See attached screen shot. I also have to say that the engine type isnt a 1.3 Multijet.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-24 161903.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-24 161903.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
OK, just to wrap this up. MES support said that this info was more historical and not used in more modern vehicles. Why it isnt correct is not obvious.
Anyway, it is working, and MES do not recommend changing it.
Many thanks for all you help guys.
Cheers Mark.

Back