General M32 Gearbox in t-jet 150

Currently reading:
General M32 Gearbox in t-jet 150

Hi, I guess this is the right thread

I have a M-Jet 150 sport and its crunching into third, and struggles to do reverse and 5th/6th when icy outside. Just hit 100k miles. I guess it might me the dreaded M32 gearbox you are all talking about?

Is it worth removing and repairing the old gearbox, or just replacing it with a recon one, + new gear cables? Whats a rough estimate for fixing/changing one?

Hi, I guess this is the right thread

I have a M-Jet 150 sport and its crunching into third, and struggles to do reverse and 5th/6th when icy outside. Just hit 100k miles. I guess it might me the dreaded M32 gearbox you are all talking about?

Is it worth removing and repairing the old gearbox, or just replacing it with a recon one, + new gear cables? Whats a rough estimate for fixing/changing one?

M32 gearbox 'issues' tend to be bearings, yours sound like syncro issues, so even if it's an M32 box its not going the be the same issues that the majority suffer from.

Tbh it sounds like it might just be the linkage cables. May be worth looking at changing those first.

Thanks MEP, I was hoping it wasn't the gearbox,

Sometimes, the gearstick migrates to finding the mythical -1st, -2nd, 1st, 2nd ,3rd 4th when hot, if that makes sense. At that point reverse *optimistically*is done with a flick left-right. Sticky 'Left right' cable is a great call, I will investigate

Looking at the prices :eek: +£200 for new cables, and they would have to go under the exhaust and shield :(

Hi, I know that M32 gearbox is on Vauxhall, Alfa, Fiat etc. Could someone advise me, if a M32 gearbox, for example from Astra fits on Bravo? M32 gearboxes from cars petrol vs diesel are different? If would be possible, it should be from cars with the same power?
I'm interested for Fiat Bravo 1.4 T Jet 150 HP, if there are alternatives:)
Thank you!

Back