General Looking to buy JTD115

Currently reading:
General Looking to buy JTD115

nugget

Hi, I'm currently looking into purchasing a Stilo but just need some help on choosing the model trim, I've been lookin through websites to see what comes standard on the most basic model and the only additional thing I need on top of the standard, is the audio controls on the steering wheel, which I thought was only available on the sporting models but have seen some dynamics with them as well listed on Auto Trader so I was just a little confused...

I'm looking for a 1.9 JTD (but not the 80bhp) (I figured the Multijet models are still a bit pricey at the moment as I'd lose a lot through depreciation on re-sell in a year or twos time) but can't figure out how to find out whether it's the lower bhp model or the higher ones as well.

Oh yeah, another small thing I was wanting on the Stilo, was the new badge on the rear of the car instead of the old Fiat blocks, I'm only assuming they updated the rear badge to reflect the new Fiat badge from a certain year onwards?

I've currently got an MG F 1.8vvc and just thought I could do with a diesel for the good fuel economy, I placed a deposit on an SRI 1.9 cdti 150ps Vauxhall Astra 05 on Friday but pulled out on Saturday after seeing the Stilo providing better value for money for the level of equipment you get, I also looked into the Mazda 3 but they are more scarce than the Stilo it seems.

Edited to add: Does the trip computer tell you an immediate MPG return? or does it just return the overall average until reset otherwise? I know on the lower Vauxhall Astra trims, you could only see the overall MPG whereas the higher trims could tell you its immediate MPG return as well.

And finally the key needs to be a flip key... I couldn't find out whether that was standard or not on all models...

Last edited:
Hi, I'm currently looking into purchasing a Stilo but just need some help on choosing the model trim, I've been lookin through websites to see what comes standard on the most basic model and the only additional thing I need on top of the standard, is the audio controls on the steering wheel, which I thought was only available on the sporting models but have seen some dynamics with them as well listed on Auto Trader so I was just a little confused...

Mine is a Dynamic but doesn't have the funtions steering wheel, so pot luck on that one I think. I believe it was more of an option than a standard fit.

I'm looking for a 1.9 JTD (but not the 80bhp) (I figured the Multijet models are still a bit pricey at the moment as I'd lose a lot through depreciation on re-sell in a year or twos time) but can't figure out how to find out whether it's the lower bhp model or the higher ones as well.

Very few 80bhp around, most are 115. It will say in the car specs in the owners manual or check with the DVLA.

Oh yeah, another small thing I was wanting on the Stilo, was the new badge on the rear of the car instead of the old Fiat blocks, I'm only assuming they updated the rear badge to reflect the new Fiat badge from a certain year onwards?

I neither know nor care to be honest.

I've currently got an MG F 1.8vvc and just thought I could do with a diesel for the good fuel economy, I placed a deposit on an SRI 1.9 cdti 150ps Vauxhall Astra 05 on Friday but pulled out on Saturday after seeing the Stilo providing better value for money for the level of equipment you get, I also looked into the Mazda 3 but they are more scarce than the Stilo it seems.

Hmmmmm - interesting decision to make! If you could afford the SRi 1.9 CDTI Astra then the 150 Multijet Stilo Sporting would be the one for you methinks. 115 might seem a bit bland by comparison, although still capable.

Edited to add: Does the trip computer tell you an immediate MPG return?
Yes.
or does it just return the overall average until reset otherwise?
No.
And finally the key needs to be a flip key... I couldn't find out whether that was standard or not on all models...

Standard on all models.

the only additional thing I need on top of the standard, is the audio controls on the steering wheel, which I thought was only available on the sporting models but have seen some dynamics with them as well listed on Auto Trader so I was just a little confused...

Not seen them on Active (basic) models but were fitted on some Dynamic models and not others (They were a low cost optional extra i believe).

I'm looking for a 1.9 JTD (but not the 80bhp) (I figured the Multijet models are still a bit pricey at the moment as I'd lose a lot through depreciation on re-sell in a year or twos time) but can't figure out how to find out whether it's the lower bhp model or the higher ones as well

I think all Dynamic trim level JTDs are 115 bhp, a small amount of Active ones are 80bhp, but not many as mentioned previously. Id imagine if you were goin for an 05 Astra, then even a Stilo Multijet would be within easy reach, it might lose a fraction more in depreciation, but theyre pretty low already, so it's not got a huge amount left to lose.

The new badge on the back was introduced at the time the Stilo received a fairly subtle facelift (mostly visible on 5 door models) which was from 04 reg onwards. These models are reportedly less prone to electrical glitches, tho i know several people who have had no issues with early models

On all other points i say the same as the previous post.

Very few 80bhp around, most are 115. It will say in the car specs in the owners manual or check with the DVLA.

Will it be obvious in the owners manual? I phoned up a trade dealer today asking if it were 80 or 115, and he said he looked in the owners book but it didn't say. Where would I be able to direct him to look?

Will defo be buying a Stilo this month as my car tax expires this month on my own car and I don't intend to renew it.

BTW: Do all of them have an alarm built in?

Last edited:
Will it be obvious in the owners manual? I phoned up a trade dealer today asking if it were 80 or 115, and he said he looked in the owners book but it didn't say. Where would I be able to direct him to look?
Oddly enough, you need to ask the CO² emissions question:
  • 140 = 115 bhp
  • 143 = 115 bhp
  • 146 = 80 bhp

Oh my god, I would have never dreamed of making this connection!

Thanks!

thats a bit of a supprise as the 150hp multijet makes 148g/km £120 tax, thought the 80hp would have been a lot lower.
Actually, you've just surprised me as thought the Multijet would be lower than the JTD115 :confused:

The high(ish) figure for the JTD80 is the price for not having a VGT.

Last edited:
Oh yes, how could I forget, hehe.

Anyway, I've read the forum for the Stilo upto about page 15, very interesting read! I certainly read up a lot of problems with it with electrics and the clutch being replaced at very early on?

Though saying that, I've had my MG for a year and never had a problem with it *touchwood* whereas others went through Head Gasket Failure etc.

Do you think £2500 would get a reasonable JTD?

Having saved up quite a bit for a replacement car, I've gone into the attitude of not wanting to spend it now, lol so am just getting a reasonable one instead of a top notch model.

Having saved up quite a bit for a replacement car, I've gone into the attitude of not wanting to spend it now, lol so am just getting a reasonable one instead of a top notch model.
Great bit of wisdom there I think (y)

You might get a JTD for £2.5k but I'd say it's worth paying the extra for a nice example if you can find one :)

Not sure if investment bankers drive Stilos or not but you could go to the city in morning and grab the keys off one before he jumps off a high building :D

Last edited:
Not sure if investment bankers drive Stilos or not but you could go to the city in morning and grab the keys off one before he jumps off a high building :D

Haha, that's exactly the case, it's harder to get hold of disposable income these days, and being in uni it's not every day a student gets X amount of money to burn on a car, thus I decided to not splash out on the Astra or Mazda 3 or Alfa 147 or Citroen C3 Pluriel or Porsche 911 Turbo hehe.

I reckon I'd only have the car for about a year or so though and I think there's only so much you can figure out on the forecourt of a trade or private showing, but you don't truly know how good or knackered the Stilo is until you drive it for a bit. That's what I'm currently worried about, I don't mind spending say £3000 on a JTD, but there's always the chance that I could buy just as fine an example for £2000... but then it could also be worse off etc.

I wouldn't mind buying off a private seller but the only problem is there could be something dodgy about it and they don't tell you, a previous MGF I bought, I had to take the seller to court over false information given at the time of sale.

I looked into the classifieds forum here and there's not many selling their JTD's, only an Abarth 2.4 I think, I could buy it for the fun of it, but the tax is like £400 next year isn't it? and returning 28mpg approx. Though it IS much better geared than the JTD though, the sat nav, audio controls on the steering wheel... all the amazing things I'm after, lol.

Plenty of JTDs around - although not for sale on Fiatforum ;)

Autotrader of fish4cars are usually my first look.... when I think about buying an Mjet Sporting ;)

if i put them here can you move them or add to faq's
only listing for 3 door for the 150bhp

1.9 multijet 16v 150bhp (110 kw) 305Nm 6 speed
3 door
urban 37.6mpg-7.5l/100km
extra urban 62.8mpg-4.5l/100km
combined 50.4mpg-5.6l/100km
co2 148g/km

top speed 130mph
0-62(2 occupants+20kg) 8.8sec
kerb weight DIN 1285kg
max towable weight 1300kg

1.9 multijet 120bhp (88kw) 255Nm 5 speed
3 door 5 door
urban 42.2mpg-6.7l/100km 41.5mpg-6.6l/100km
extra urban 62.8mpg-4.5l/100km 62.8mpg-4.5l/100km
combined 53.3mpg-5.3l/100km 52.3mpg-5.4l/100km
co2 139g/km 142g/km

top speed 120mph 119mph
0-62 10.7sec 10.9sec
kerb weight DIN 1265kg 1320kg
max towable weight 1300kg 1300kg

multiwagon

urban 39.8mpg-7.1l/100km
extra urban 60.1mpg-4.7l/100km
combined 50.4mpg-5.6l/100km
co2 148g/km

top speed 119mph
0-62 11.3sec
kerb weight DIN 1410kg
max towable weight 1300kg

phew wish i had a scanner!
ps tried altering spacing twice but merged again? so if you can put spaces between 3 door and 5 door specs?

Last edited:
Back