General Look at my engine (Punto 1.2 8v 2000) HOW ON EARTH!!

Currently reading:
General Look at my engine (Punto 1.2 8v 2000) HOW ON EARTH!!

corky

Mk2 Punto Sporting 1.2
When i bought the car he said it had a new engine and i looked over everything seemed fine but i just couldn't get my head around this? how on earth can this be snapped? is it a camshaft cover that i need to look for cause i want to put an induction kit on but i want to replace this first which means it will need a new rocker gasket cover which also has already been done!!

Attachments

• P11-05-10_16-33.jpg
    P11-05-10_16-33.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 70
  • P11-05-10_16-33[1].jpg
    P11-05-10_16-33[1].jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 60
  • P11-05-10_16-35.jpg
    P11-05-10_16-35.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 51
Probably abuse at the scrappies it was bought from!

iiii possibly ermm so would i need to look for a 'camshaft cover' is that what they come under? i just do not want to put an induction kit on and then you can see that im working on it slowly and doing it all bit by bit this week im:

- Painting the Rear brake drums black (already wire brushed them down)
- Doing the same with the calipers
- Replacing the engine cover
- New rocker gasket cover
- Fitting spigot rings to the alloys they have all been balanced might get the tracking done to
- etc etc etc massive list here !!

iiii possibly ermm so would i need to look for a 'camshaft cover' is that what they come under? i just do not want to put an induction kit on and then you can see that im working on it slowly and doing it all bit by bit this week im:

- Fitting spigot rings to the alloys they have all been balanced might get the tracking done to

is that for the alloys you are actually running?

Yes a replacement cam cover, personally I'd take the old one off & use it as a pattern for the replacement to avoid disapointment, assuming its the right one in the first place.

You got about a days work listed above lol... enjoy it, take your time & dont go mad (y)

Yeah i took the centre covers out of the alloys and they wasn't fully centre on the hub so... better to be safe than sorry so i ordered them this morning... i already have some but they don't fit :mad: i just get so annoyed when people do not look after there cars :bang::bang: then when something bad happens to them they start stressing its like ''look after it you muppet'' ask anyone on my street i am always cleaning or doing something with the car :yum: i appreciate my motor and i have set myself like a 2-3 months time line to get the car to how i want it to look... when people walk past there like wow nice car pal etc its called good maintenance :eek:

Back