Photo0290.jpg

Punto Evo Look any better?.

Introduction

Here is my punto evo when I picked it up:
Are they real Abarths or eBay knock offs? And what does the sticker on the back say? It maybe else where but I've not looked through the whole thing.

Anyway, nice car and hope you can get it lowered soon. Insurance comes down so quickly after your first year

They came off my APE so I bloody hope they are real ones :D

Re: Look any better?

Update: Didn't read the whole thread and realised you've changed your wheels!! My bad, they look brilliant now.

Fair play for getting rid of the plastic trims.

Would these fit on a Punto?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-4-ABARTH-500-PETAL-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-PIRELLI-TYRES-LESS-THAN-500-MILES-/290714395939?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item43afeda523

I often see a GP round my way with these wheels on... they look really good! Better than on the MiTo.

http://www.northgatealfashop.co.uk/product/17_inch_alloy_wheel_kit,set_of_4._50903235

I bought my Alfa with standard 16" alloys and changed them for OEM 18's. As the following photos show...

Picked the 18's up through Ebay from a the Alfa dealer in Edinburgh, brand new with tyres £395. Sold my 16" silver alloys with 3,000 miles of use for £250 cash in hand to a lad who had plastic trims. So basically upgraded the wheels for £145 :)

Sold the Alfa in March, sad to see her go but had to.

Attachments

• IMG00033-20091023-1738a.jpg
    IMG00033-20091023-1738a.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG00170-20101009-1615.jpg
    IMG00170-20101009-1615.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 32
  • Eastleigh-20110128-00193.jpg
    Eastleigh-20110128-00193.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Fair play for getting rid of the plastic trims.

Would these fit on a Punto?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-4-ABARTH-500-PETAL-ALLOY-WHEELS-AND-PIRELLI-TYRES-LESS-THAN-500-MILES-/290714395939?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item43afeda523

I often see a GP round my way with these wheels on... they look really good! Better than on the MiTo.

http://www.northgatealfashop.co.uk/product/17_inch_alloy_wheel_kit,set_of_4._50903235

I bought my Alfa with standard 16" alloys and changed them for OEM 18's. As the following photos show...

Picked the 18's up through Ebay from a the Alfa dealer in Edinburgh, brand new with tyres £395. Sold my 16" silver alloys with 3,000 miles of use for £250 cash in hand to a lad who had plastic trims. So basically upgraded the wheels for £145 :)

Sold the Alfa in March, sad to see her go but had to.

Really like the Alfa. Why did you get rid of it? Don't know if you have seen I have bought a set of abarth's about 4 weeks ago and sold my old alloys yesterday for £70.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.

Really like the Alfa. Why did you get rid of it? Don't know if you have seen I have bought a set of abarth's about 4 weeks ago and sold my old alloys yesterday for £70.

Cheers, and yeah they look brilliant, really go well with the blue paintwork IMO.

The Alfa was the 1.6JTD and was an absolute headache to own, loads of things went wrong on it including the notorious DPF issue! - Not a problem I expected with fair mileage (had 36,000 on the clock after 2 and a half years which is reasonable). It also used to chuck out clouds of black smoke sometimes when I accelerated at motorway speed which was weird. Not just little puffs of it, I'm talking dense black smoke like a fog. Never known so much to be replaced under warranty on one car before in the first two years. It had a entirely new dashboard installed, which meant it was in the dealer for over a week. The engine light used to come on when you stretched it a bit and gave it a blast. It also totally cut out on the Autobahn at 120ish mph. Also, the dealership I bought from in Portsmouth have the worst aftercare / service dept. I have ever experienced!

Anyway, nice motor (y)

Last edited:

Cheers, and yeah they look brilliant, really go well with the blue paintwork IMO.

The Alfa was the 1.6JTD and was an absolute headache to own, loads of things went wrong on it including the notorious DPF issue! - Not a problem I expected with fair mileage (had 36,000 on the clock after 2 and a half years which is reasonable). It also used to chuck out clouds of black smoke sometimes when I accelerated at motorway speed which was weird. Not just little puffs of it, I'm talking dense black smoke like a fog. Never known so much to be replaced under warranty on one car before in the first two years. It had a entirely new dashboard installed, which meant it was in the dealer for over a week. The engine light used to come on when you stretched it a bit and gave it a blast. It also totally cut out on the Autobahn at 120ish mph. Also, the dealership I bought from in Portsmouth have the worst aftercare / service dept. I have ever experienced!

Anyway, nice motor (y)

Sounds like a real headache! I won't be buying another fiat again as to be honest the quality of them is very poor. I remember collecting mine from the dealer and the dashboard was hanging off when i first got in the car. I ending up going to another dealership as the one I dealt with said there was never any problems with my car when it sometimes to five or six times to start.

I think my next car I will get will be a few years old but I want to have a good old read up on what is the main probelms/ known faults on them.

What car you driving now?

Sounds like a real headache! I won't be buying another fiat again as to be honest the quality of them is very poor. I remember collecting mine from the dealer and the dashboard was hanging off when i first got in the car. I ending up going to another dealership as the one I dealt with said there was never any problems with my car when it sometimes to five or six times to start.

I think my next car I will get will be a few years old but I want to have a good old read up on what is the main probelms/ known faults on them.

What car you driving now?

What part of the dash was coming off? It seems pretty standard for dealers to judge everything in "their own opinion" and "in the best interest of their garage / franchise". I've found emailing the Fiat UK HQ Directors office always gets a response and they usually sort things out.

What was wrong with it taking so long to start? Did they all get sorted?

I've got a Bravo 2.0 Multijet Sport 165T now as shown here...

http://fiatforum.com/bravo/300903-good-afternoons-work.html

Suprisingly cheap insurance for a 21 year old with 3 years NCB - £800 this year.

Seems to be absolutely fine (touch wood) and only one issue where the steering wheel airbag unit split down the middle...

http://fiatforum.com/bravo/298372-steering-wheel-split.html

After an email to a few directors at Fiat UK they sorted this out straight away under warranty as my local dealer wouldn't sort it out and wanted nearly £900 for a new airbag unit!

But everything else on it is perfect, it is a 59 plate and only had 15k miles on the clock when I picked it up in March so it's pretty much in new condition.

Any ideas what you've got your eye on next? Maybe a diesel?

The Punto build quality seems alot better than alot of the cars out there. Especially some of the latest Ford's. Their interiors seem a bit cheap and nasty IMO.

Last edited:

What part of the dash was coming off? It seems pretty standard for dealers to judge everything in "their own opinion" and "in the best interest of their garage / franchise". I've found emailing the Fiat UK HQ Directors office always gets a response and they usually sort things out.

What was wrong with it taking so long to start? Did they all get sorted?

I've got a Bravo 2.0 Multijet Sport 165T now as shown here...

http://fiatforum.com/bravo/300903-good-afternoons-work.html

Suprisingly cheap insurance for a 21 year old with 3 years NCB - £800 this year.

Seems to be absolutely fine (touch wood) and only one issue where the steering wheel airbag unit split down the middle...

http://fiatforum.com/bravo/298372-steering-wheel-split.html

After an email to a few directors at Fiat UK they sorted this out straight away under warranty as my local dealer wouldn't sort it out and wanted nearly £900 for a new airbag unit!

But everything else on it is perfect, it is a 59 plate and only had 15k miles on the clock when I picked it up in March so it's pretty much in new condition.

Any ideas what you've got your eye on next? Maybe a diesel?

The Punto build quality seems alot better than alot of the cars out there. Especially some of the latest Ford's. Their interiors seem a bit cheap and nasty IMO.

Not sure what was wrong with it but the other dealer sorted it out and it now seems fine. I did speak to fiat hq and they did send me a £150 voucher was appriciated.

It was the part by the drivers right knee was hanging off but it just shows some of the quality issues.

I have always quite liked the bravos but never been in one before do not too sure what they are like but your looks pretty nice.

Got my eye in a Audi a3 black edition but I will go for a diesel I think this time. Im not really in a rush at the moment anyway as quite happy how te car is going! Touch wood!!

Car has is now ratterling when starting up and it lasts around 2 - 3 mins and then it seems to stop. I know it may rattle a bit due to something to do with the oil going around but wondered if anyone has had any ratterling noises before and not sure what it is?

I liked it all the way back in post 1 when it was standard unmolested. Its quite a nice looking little car, a bit bland but then all puntos but the steroid induced abarths are bland.
I like the colour and that its the 3 door

I dont feel either the old alloys or the new ones really suit the car it's not a vauxhall calibra (which the old wheels seem to come from) nor is it an evo abarth, to me it's like wearing a tuxedo trousers and a t-shirt, something only an uncouth idiot would do. I love originality in a car, it's how it was intended to be.

You've been fortunate enough to have gotten a brand new car something that many people never get to experience, look after it and stop f**king with it because all you will end up doing is spoiling it

I liked it all the way back in post 1 when it was standard unmolested. Its quite a nice looking little car, a bit bland but then all puntos but the steroid induced abarths are bland.
I like the colour and that its the 3 door

I dont feel either the old alloys or the new ones really suit the car it's not a vauxhall calibra (which the old wheels seem to come from) nor is it an evo abarth, to me it's like wearing a tuxedo trousers and a t-shirt, something only an uncouth idiot would do. I love originality in a car, it's how it was intended to be.

You've been fortunate enough to have gotten a brand new car something that many people never get to experience, look after it and stop f**king with it because all you will end up doing is spoiling it

Thanks for your opinion. I also feel the car was very good looking as standard but I like to put my mar on it. I have always liked the abarth alloys and I had been putting money aside for a while and then decided to get them. I know the car is not a abarth and I'm not trying to make it look like one but I want it to stand out a bit more which I like.

I know the car may not be to everyone's taste but I am happy with it and I think that is the main thing!

Back