Photo0290.jpg

Punto Evo Look any better?.

Introduction

Here is my punto evo when I picked it up:
Re: Look any better?

Thanks Gaz for the comments had a look at your and wish I did go for silver but I decided too late!

It's a good opinion to be honest with you chap, the threads are on here to divide opinions and tell the owner your opinion (if you want to) - Nothing wrong with negative critisism. The exhaust looks pathetic, but the alloys are growing on me, but that's all the owners done. As the OP says it would look better lowered but insurance is restrictive.

The car looks good, at least you haven't binned it... :D

I do agree about being honest but to be honest I have done a few things to the car rather that just changing the alloys such as interior lights, whole new set of lights at the front, alloys, exhuast cover and a few other bits!! I can't do loads with the car coz of insurance but I am doing what I can within Restrictions. I have looked after the car well (despite the state of it atm) and only gave it a oil change last weekend. I just want my car to look a bit different to others and by the amount of people who have said how it looks and the people I have seen having a nose inside it I think it does attract the eyes of people.

ALL I CAN SAY IS I AM HAPPY AND I DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK AS ITS MINE!!!!!

Found the sticker I wanted the other week for my car and had it put on! Everone who watches celeb juice will know what I mean when I upload the pic! Car needs booking in as I dont think it is very well and have a few things that are broken. Rear lights both full of condensation, ash tray thing hanging off, both speakers ratterling and the car would not start the other day and ran really lumpy all the way home and not been happy since. Does anyone know if you can get a courtesy car at 18 as it is my bday in just over a week and i need the car as work in 20 miles away and in the country!?

looking forward to seeing this sticker (y)

(n) car being ill is no good to anyone, as far as im aware you have to be 21 for most people to be able to have a courtosy car saying that i had one when my fiesta was having warrenty work done......

just debate the fact they knew your age when your bought the car so they should treat you like a decent person and allow you a car otherwise your gonna have to claim money back from fiat for loss of earning ( thats should make them give you one lol, i managed to get back £340 from ford and a courtosy car )

Car all booked in for next Friday and they got me a coutesy car too. Thought I as not going to make it to work this morning as it took about 6 times to start. Hopefully they will sort it out and they have said they will keep it a few days to try and sort it all out

Car all booked in for next Friday and they got me a coutesy car too. Thought I as not going to make it to work this morning as it took about 6 times to start. Hopefully they will sort it out and they have said they will keep it a few days to try and sort it all out

hi mate.... mines started with the same fault :( struggles to start but then goes after the 3rd attempt..... this however is intermitent..... and doesnt happen all the time??? does yours do it all the time???

my dealer should be calling me back today and sorting it as ive noted rust spots appearing too :(

hi mate.... mines started with the same fault :( struggles to start but then goes after the 3rd attempt..... this however is intermitent..... and doesnt happen all the time??? does yours do it all the time???

my dealer should be calling me back today and sorting it as ive noted rust spots appearing too :(
Mine has not done it before but the last few days most of the time I have tied to start it then it will take a good few tries. Got a load of other problems with the Car too so hopefully as they will have it for a while it may get fixed. where have you found rust?

Not been on here in a while! Car went in for repair and they could not find nothing wrong with it! But they said they fixed the cubby hole and the rear lights! The next day had a look at the rear lights and they were not put on correctly! I was about to phone them back a few days later when the car again took many times to start and the rear lights had all misted up again. Spoke to manager who booked the car in again and took it this morning and they are going to look into more depth this time and I got a massive courtesy car a Peugeot 508!

After going in for repair again they did nothing as both the rear lights have blown again and have misted up with water droplets inside. Also still struggerling to start and they have made the speaker rattle worse! I phoned the manager up and told him how s*** his dealership is and that I will never use them again. I put a complaint in to Fiat Head Office about them!

Still do love the car though and going to go to another dealer in the new year.

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 49
The rear lights I can pretty be sure they wont fix. I had mine changed 3 times, and one of them was when fiat sent a special repair man to come.

Mine still mist now, but only in the winter, so its not really that much of a issue to me. Just write a stern letter to the dealership explaining that you are not happy with the car, and as its brand new you don't expect a list of issues. I did this and after a few exchanges got a set of alloys for free. (y)

I phoned the manager up and told him how s*** his dealership is and that I will never use them again. I put a complaint in to Fiat Head Office about them!

Oh well done on that one.... Burn your bridges.... If its the dealership you have your third year dealer warranty with.......

Lights misting up seems fairly common on the evo check the back cover is on correctly and the foam rubber sealing ring is in place..

you can take them off and place on a radiator with the back cover off and allow to dry out for a couple of hours.....

as for the starting problem get the car on diagnostics and check the Map sensors outputs

Last edited:
I actually hate fiat! Spoke to their head office and they said go to another dealer which I will do.

With a car being only 10 months old it should not be having these problems and I don't see why I should have to take my lights off to dry them out.

The starting problem is starting to get on my nerves now as it is always so rough starting up.

Will never get a fiat again!

You get problems with any car,,,,

you get problems with garages......
You get problems when you buy things like washing machines, cookers, and the like Its life ;)

on a Circa £8,000 car its not going to be spot on,

Discribe your starting problems? does it only do it when its cold? does it start ok then the revs, drop? what engine is it the 1.2 or 1.4 8v petrol by any chance? Then it will start if you pump the accelerator to keep the revs up?

If it only does it when cold you might have to leave the car with the garage over night so they can recreate the problem

Last edited:
Had my first small accident the other day! Some **** was driving down the country road where I work about 60 ish over my side of the road and smashed my cover off my mirror! Wasnt too happy! The day after I went to have a look for it and somehow the cover survived! Only a small chunk of the plastic has gone but it does have a few marks! Will get a new one in the near future but it is rather annoying as it is the first mark on the car in nearly 11 months!

Car is running ok now except still got the starting problems and the annoying rattle which is getting worse but going to get these fixed in the new year! Fiat did send me some vouchers due to the service I got at my local dealership so anyone got any ideas what to get as on their site it as nothing really stands out that I want.

One other thing got the iphone 4s yesterday and wondered could it be paired up with the blue and me?

Am on the look out for some new alloys and am looking to put them on around spring time! Have seen a few I like and for some reason I am liking black at the moment! Have seen these two below and wondered what people think?

Attachments

• 3214060-1[1].jpg
    3214060-1[1].jpg
    55 KB · Views: 33
  • 3485739-1[1].jpg
    3485739-1[1].jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 40
There was another set I found that I really wanted but they were already sold! Dont want to go to standard really as want my car to be a bit different! Was considering white but I work down a country lane and I know by the state of the roads they will never be clean!

Back