General knocking noise

Currently reading:
General knocking noise

Is there a lot of people on here who have spent a lot of money on knocking noises at the front of the car or is it just me so far i have replaced the steering rack drop links just changed the wishbone and bottom ball joint 2 months ago and guess what knocking again ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!:bang:

i had a knocking noise aswell, had a quick look under and bashed a few things around to replicate the noise, found out it was just the little 'bash guard' kinda of thing that normally hit curbs when the miss's drives the car -.-, it had cracked at the top and was flapping about, little plate riveted on sorted the problem.

Is there a lot of people on here who have spent a lot of money on knocking noises at the front of the car or is it just me so far i have replaced the steering rack drop links just changed the wishbone and bottom ball joint 2 months ago and guess what knocking again ggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!:bang:

bump stop(s)

have you tested the battery?

Also "Razz" has posted saying he had a torque sensor problem.

:confused:

Why would the steering torque sensor cause a knock?

Did you replace the components you mentioned on both sides? Worn engine/gearbox mounts knock when the rubber perishes.

Well I went up to st fergus cuz that's were I got it from and the knocking never happened when they tried it but there were another noise they heard they change a spring but when they drove it again it was still makin the noise so there going to put on a new strut on it this week

Last edited:
This noise is v annoying-worst up to 20mph and in warm weather... Not got to the bottom it yet as our garage are looking at fixing it on their gp first (rather than just guess at the prob). Suspected to be either:
-strut top mount
-steering rack bush

Our other car has just got an engine malfunction today (5th time in 2 and a half years). My money is on the dpf. It's a ford focus, say no more! The ford equivalent to the gp knocking noise :-(

I had a knocking noise a few month ago...it was driving me crazy! so i had to get it seen to...and it turned out to be something to do with the suspension on the passenger front wheel. Cost me £160 but well worth it as there is no knocking noise now! worth a look mate?

Prob the strut top mounts, they cost about £20 each from Fiat.

Basically got the whole front of my car replaced last week, new droplinks/rod ends/ springs & top mounts.

Can is now silent – and its so good, makes me realise how loud/clunky it was before.

Back