Technical JTD Fuel Filter

Currently reading:
Technical JTD Fuel Filter

There are two different sizes for the 115 JTD. One is about 15mm longer than the other.

The filter head is the same for both but the water sensor that screws into the bottom of the filter is different. I currently have the shorter filter in my JTD which should have the longer one. Car works OK but I don't know if the sensor will work if I ever get water in the fuel.

Measure the length of your existing one and compare it to the 2 available new ones. I think it's the hexagon section at the bottom that's a different length.

Or they should be able to select the correct one from your VIN.

Just discovered there's a third option. If your filter looks like the one in the first diagram, then the 2 length options apply.

If it looks like the one in the second diagram then, that's the only option.

Attachments

• Filter 1.JPG
    Filter 1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 113
  • Filter 2.JPG
    Filter 2.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 82
right... i went back in and got served by a different person this time.... he said they only had one size so i went with it (ut was the slightly shorter one).

When comparing them both the only difference i can see is that the lower part of the filter (which has a smaller diameter) is shorter, i can only guess that this section is mainly used as a sort of resivoir to collect any water that is accumulating? or for fuel, i.e. its got fuel waiting around at the bottom to be drawn through to the injectors, i.e so its quicker than having to pass it through the filter, so effectively it has a reserve of filtered fuel to draw from...... just some theories......

i wonder if the different filters have different effects on fuel consumption/performance......

since mine has been on i think fuel economy has dropped by about 2mpg, per the computer its lower?

It's quite an easy job. I took some photos.
8oq32208x

xykup570h

cnragnyfb

remnwjidd

I think shorter ones were used until 2002 but I changed the sorter one for the longer one with no problem at all.

You can see the photos here.

Last edited:
Back