2nd1.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Joshhh Mk2b Punto "Project".

Introduction

Hello FiatForum!
Just thought start this project thread so you guys can see what im doing to my car and to gain some feedback on what i should/shouldn't do.
So to start off, i brought this baby about 3 months ago (Jan 2012). So after recovering from the crippling deposit for insurance, i can finally start to mod my car out (y)

When i brought it, there was some noticable damage to the rear bumper and the driver's side rear quater panel, where someone had hit it and it had been poorly repaired (Shoddy paintjob, so lots of rust. Fantastic.
frown.gif
)

So first off, i got it home and gave it a good clean out, where i found a boots loyality card and a drumstick lolly.
thumb.gif
(28/01/2012)

So once i had it all cleaned up, there was a niggling problem, THOSE TRIMS.

Yeah i know they are standard, or "stock" but Look at them! I truely hated them with a passion.

So, got myself over to halfords and brought some High Enamal Matte Black Paint for pretty cheap and then brought some Trims from eBay for £30
thumb.gif

So, SOOOO much better. Then, shortly after i brought some things online.

Added some stickers here and there:

So i sat there, looking at my car, admiring my work so far, and then i noticed those "Active" badges under the side repeaters. They had to go.

So got some fishing wire and some WD40 (And a hairdryer) and removed those.

BOOM.

Then i got a bit too happy with how easy that was and removed "Punto" from the back. (Yes i know, i deserve a smack from every FF user
rolleyes.gif
)

So, thats my car's story so far, the plans ive got are:

- Flyeye tint the Rear lights
- Change headlight colours
- Sportex Exhaust System (Current one sounds like a rusty fart)

So please, feel free on commenting about my car, or what you think i should do
thumb.gif
Well, look whose gonna be a busy boy the weekend :cool:
DSC0022211.JPG

Right, the fly eye kit has been sitting in my room, staring. Tempting me. So yeah, that went on as soon as i finished work! (y)
Before:
DSC0022313.JPG

After:
DSC0022414.JPG

DSC0022610.JPG

So i did both of them, but the reflectors just looked, merrh.
So, tada!
DSC002325.JPG

So proud of this already! (y)
If you didn't notice i had a sticker bomb book, so that went on my handles (AT the moment, untill the respray were it will go on the fuel cap too (y))
The paper around it is for the Laquire.
DSC002316.JPG

So, this is it so far:
DSC002299.JPG

This Sunday, im going to spray up 'dem steelies :slayer:
ALSO WORD OF MASSIVE WARNING: DO NOT LAQUIRE FLY EYE TINTS, IT TAKES THE COLOUR STRAIGHT OUT AND TURNS THEM WHITE!!!!
Still looking for a replacement Active 3dr Sport bumper (rear) and im on the last stages of sorting out the spray job. Boo ya!

Last edited:
Awesome. One thing i should have said before you stickered the handles was, cut around the sticker to remove the white bit, makes it look so much better. There's a pic in my gallery of how i did it

Awesome. One thing i should have said before you stickered the handles was, cut around the sticker to remove the white bit, makes it look so much better. There's a pic in my gallery of how i did it

Glad you like it mate (y) and Ahh tits. I should of :( i'll make sure i do it next time buddy (y)
Also, can you link me to your galley? I can't get it to it!

Last edited:
Ive not seen the fly eye kits before they actualy look good. Im going to be tint my lights at some point this year aswel and was going to go with the spray.

I would use it if I was you mate, I was so worried of messing it up but it was so easy! Spraying looks just as good but it's pretty hard to fix if you want to get rid of it!

That's how I did mines, just to see if I liked it :)

Woah, that's looks way better! :( damn it, ill remember to do that when I do my cap! Cheers buds!

ive just gone and bought the fly eye kit aswell. easy to do?
thought about doing the headlights aswell?

Hi Louise, yeah the kit was pretty easy to do :) you just need a hairdryer handy an the kit comes with a Scalpal and a card you use to smooth it :) but yeah it was easy, just took a bit of time (about 1hr 30mins) but it takes aslong as it takes to make a great job :) you can do the headlights as well if you want, with mine it would of been easier to do the front than the rear :) but just take it easy and you'll be fine!

dont forget that any tint on the headlights is now an MOT failure. Just letting you know :)
Good job tinting the rear lights though

Well i learn something new every day bud! I thought they were okay to put on the front! look a bit odd yes, but okay with the MOT.

And thank you Andy, it was a labour of love :p

Well i learn something new every day bud! I thought they were okay to put on the front! look a bit odd yes, but okay with the MOT.

And thank you Andy, it was a labour of love :p

It used to be okay and pass MOT providing that it still lets out a certain amount of light but the new MOT rules say that you cant tint the front lights, even though I think it looks cool :p

It used to be okay and pass MOT providing that it still lets out a certain amount of light but the new MOT rules say that you cant tint the front lights, even though I think it looks cool :p

I thought that buddy, but fronts seem to be so much more, tempermental? When it comes to MOT and what they like/dislike.

Also, some new pictures are being uploaded as we speak. Be about 20mins guys (y)

Right, got up at 9am on my day off to do the steelies.
So i did the "Midnight Park In Liverpool" Method to do this! (Jacked up on house bricks)
DSC0024113.JPG

So i did that, got 3 of the wheels off (Slanted driveway so if i would of done all 4, there might of been a chance of it falling off, that would be, very. VERY bad.:cry:)
DSC002406.JPG

So i painted the King Pins and the housing it has around it black.
DSC002456.JPG

So, got the wheels off, lets get prepared.
DSC002366.JPG

Girlfriend's Dad is a sprayer and he gave me some advise, "**** Poor Prep Creates A **** Poor Paint Job". Too right, 2hrs of preparing (Masking and Primer)
DSC002427.JPG

Leave to dry and a new coat x3 (for each wheel)
DSC0024410.JPG

So, we got from this:
DSC002477.JPG

To this :slayer:
DSC002502.JPG

And after about 6 hours:
DSC002687.JPG

Well, this was a productive weekend wasn't it? :D
These Steelies will have to do until i find some nice Alloys (n)
Oh yeah, DESPERATLY need a new Rear Bumper (MK2B 3DR) if ANYONE sees one for sale or has one for sale, PLEASE PM me (y) (I Check classified 3 times a day)
Till next time guys!

I seem to come on here solely to criticize and advice >.< sorry mate!

Not a big fan of the steelies mate, tho your quality of work is top notch (y) Get saving and get properawesomewheels! You also need to get these steelies banded when you get your properawesomewheels and coilovers, coz banded steels > normal steels :slayer:

Back