General Is this a good deal on an 08 Panda 1.4?

Currently reading:
General Is this a good deal on an 08 Panda 1.4?

That's another thing, I wasn't actually allowed to test drive it, but instead had to sit in the pax seat while the sellers mother in law test drove it for me, for insurance reasons I was told. The seller was away and the car was left with the in laws. But from what I saw everything seemed fine.

That's another thing, I wasn't actually allowed to test drive it, but instead had to sit in the pax seat while the sellers mother in law test drove it for me, for insurance reasons I was told. The seller was away and the car was left with the in laws. But from what I saw everything seemed fine.
if i was spending that sort of money would insist of a drive, must admit bought
mine without a proper test drive but bought on finance so if was owt major wrong they were not getting the money off me lol. if parting with cash is harder to get your money back once you have paid. unless you know a psycho with a very large baseball bat or shot gun, ( its amazing what people will do for £500 ) if you buy from a dealer you have some comeback if it goes wrong but private is different especialy 2 months later when you try MOT it. try telling him your concerns and say NO DEAL without MOT

It's fair enough if yu couldn't prove to had fully comp cover on it, however if you did prove this and they still refused I'd walk away.

What is an interference engine? Sorry for my ignorance.
interference engine is one where the valves occupy the same space as the piston ( but not at the same time) they are kept apart by the turning of the cam shaft which pushes the valves down, if the timing belt snaps then the camshaft stops turning and the piston rises and collides with the valves, bending them and causing damage to the guides and cylinder head, very expensive to repair. a non interference engine is (usualy) one where the valves are off set from the piston and even in fully open position do not share the same space as the piston would at top of stroke, hence belt breaks and no damage is caused

Thanks for the valuable info everybody. I offered the seller £3250 for the car with a 12 month mot, but he still said no so I've walked away. It's a shame, I would have even paid the original £3400 for the car with the 12 month mot. Anyway, thanks again everybody.

Thanks for the valuable info everybody. I offered the seller £3250 for the car with a 12 month mot, but he still said no so I've walked away. It's a shame, I would have even paid the original £3400 for the car with the 12 month mot. Anyway, thanks again everybody.

I think you've probably made the right decision, if you're not 100% sure then there will always be other cars coming along. There is definitely something 'iffy' about this seller IMHO and it's better to let someone else find out the hard way.

Good luck with your search!

It does make you wonder - he needs to sell before end of next month or its going to need SORNing or spending at least £96 on renewal, and then a max of 31 days from that point (don't know when in Jan MOT runs out) until he needs to do that anyway and incur at least the test fee!

What about the low mileage new Orleans 07 plate over in Kilmarnock on gumtree? FSH and belts apparently all done. MOT Aug 14 (tax to end of march) and up for £3.5k.

Too far away again for me....

Back